Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Input/Input.php on line 31

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Cookie implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Input/Cookie.php on line 21

Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Uri/Uri.php on line 141
Not receiving email notifications - Macrotone Forum

Unknown Error 8192: KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/route/route.php on line 437

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerWidgetAnnouncementDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/widget/announcement/display.php on line 18

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/display.php on line 25

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/forum/category/category.php on line 415

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 107

Not receiving email notifications

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/actions/display.php on line 23

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicPollDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/poll/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemMessageDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/message/display.php on line 23

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by digioz
Hello,

I am running your software on my site, and have configured email notification to be sent out to me whenever someone creates a new ticket, but for some reason I am not receiving email notifications. I suspect that your software uses the php mail function which my server has had trouble in the past.

Is there a way to change this setting to use an SMTP email connection instead?

Thanks,
Pete

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerMessageItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/message/item/actions/display.php on line 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by chrisc
It should just be using what ever is configured in Joomla mail. Never had a problem with SMTP usage in the past, but its not something we regularly use.

My initial suspicion is that you may not have the component configuration option to send out notifications turned on. You could also turn on the conmponent logging which should populate entries in the log when the component tries to send out messages. This may help to pin down the problem.

One has to turn on 'notifcations' in general, and then also turn on the individual notification types (fine control) in the component options. And of course each 'recipient' would have to have 'notification' turned on in their individual component profile.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: digioz

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by digioz
Hello Chris,

Your suspicion was indeed correct! I was under the impression that the "Mail Settings" values I had previously set under "System > Global Configuration > Server" were being used to send out emails. Instead I found out that under "Components > Issue Tracker > Options > CRON" there is another section called "IMAP/POP3" Configuration which had to be filled out, and apparently those are the settings that get used for sending out emails. This is a Joomla 3.x installation by the way.

Thanks again for the wonderful component and the speedy support. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Pete

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by chrisc
Glad you have it all working now.

I am a little puzzled though because the email 'sending' does indeed use the Joomla settings. The component settings under the CRON IMAP options are used for 'fetching' of email from a mail server (something that Joomla doesn't do) and would/should not impact the 'sending' at all

Thank you for updating us..

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 2 months ago #5 by mronayne
I have a related question (suggestion) - probably a few.
I plan to use Issue Tracker for implementing a simple Return Materials Authorization system and I would like all Registered users to receive notifications if/when they create a new Issue (in my case an RMA request). However, after installation of the tool all "Users" have the "Notify" option disabled so even though I have the mail setting in Options configured to notify Users upon "New, Update, and Close" they never receive any notices?
Since I installed Issue Tracker after my user DB already had hundreds of users in it I suspect that the defaults Notify setting of disabled was chosen on purpose. I could change them all to enabled I suppose, but what happens when a new user registers on the site? Are these settings set to disabled?

On a related note - how can I include a "Custom" field in the notification email templates? Is there a way to do this?

Hopefully this all makes some sense.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by geoffc
To be able to receive notifications the user has to have the appropriate notify flags set in their profile. For your existing users the quickest and easiest way to change the existing users is to run a SQL update statement setting the email_notifications field in the it_people table to 1.

New users would still however have the value set to 0. I propose changing the user sync process so that the component def_notify parameter gets picked up. I want to test this first and will update this post with the fix later.

Re the custom field in the email, were you thinking specifically about one of the added custom field values?
Currently this is not possible but it is a reasonable request and I wish to make sure that we are thinking on the same lines before looking at how easy it would be to implement?

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries