Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Input/Input.php on line 31

Deprecated: Joomla\CMS\Input\Cookie implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Input/Cookie.php on line 21

Deprecated: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Uri/Uri.php on line 141
Set default for field ' Identified by' - Macrotone Forum

Unknown Error 8192: KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/route/route.php on line 437

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerWidgetAnnouncementDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/widget/announcement/display.php on line 18

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/display.php on line 25

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/forum/category/category.php on line 415

Deprecated: DateTime::__construct(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($datetime) of type string is deprecated in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/src/Date/Date.php on line 112

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 107

Set default for field ' Identified by'

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/actions/display.php on line 23

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicPollDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/poll/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemMessageDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/message/display.php on line 23

7 years 11 months ago #1 by davidunwin
When a user creates a new issue in the front end they need to select "identify person"
They can then select anybody in our list of users in Joomla.
I want to set this by default to be the logged on user submit the issue rather than displaying all users

I saw another item which says
"' There is some specific code that handles that situation. Look for a component parameter 'Show Identifier Label'. In the form when a new issue if created, the field is only shown for 'issue administrators' and 'issue staff' if the parameter is set."
But I can't find that option anywhere. Can someone tell me where it is?
Attachments:

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerMessageItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/message/item/actions/display.php on line 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #2 by geoffc

Unknown Error 8192: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2263

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

If the user who is logged in is not marked as an issue administrator or a staff member then the 'identifier' field would not be displayed. I have tested this again just a few minutes ago and can not see the field displayed, as expected.

There is a specific test in the edit form for this situation:
if ($parameters->get('show_identified_by', 0) && !(empty($this->item->id) && !($isadmin || $isstaff)) ) :

Circa line 231 in the views/form/tmpl/edit.php file.

i.e If the parameter is set AND its not a new issue AND they are not staff/admin then display the field. For a user creating a 'new' issue the field would not be seen since the item->id would be empty and the 'if' test would fail.

The parameter 'show_identified_by is a component setting as shown in the image below, but would only impact if it were a staff/admin user logged in, and if it were an 'old' issue. The setti8ng is under the component 'Front end' options tab.

Regards
Geoff
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidunwin

7 years 11 months ago #3 by davidunwin
Ok I am starting to understand now!.
Role=User ; Identifier is set to joomla user who is submitting request
Role= Staff or Admin: They can set the user identifier.

One more related question: When we installed Issue Tracker all our registered Joomla Users became role=User in Issue tracker.
We have over 400+ plus users and we only want about 10 people to be able to raise issues So that when Staff/Admin want to allocate an issue identifier, they don't have to scroll through 400+ users.
So can I delete the rest (390) from issue tracker without causing problems? I assume when you delete the 'Issue Tracker' user , it does not delete the Joomla user as well?. If we want to add a new joomla user to role=User, I assume we can just add that user?

Kind regards
David

7 years 11 months ago #4 by geoffc
You should be able to just delete the 'unwanted' users from the IT people table via the backend screen, and it should not impact the Joomla users table.

There are a few specific settings and conditions that apply. These include the component settings for the 'delete' option and also the impact upon any issues that the users being deleted may have already created. Whether they removed or re-assigned.

Try it out on one or more users first to satisfy yourself, but I am not aware of any major problems in this area.

Another special case is where the user being removed is marked as an admin/staff member. I suspect in this last case there may be an unresolved problem in this area, which I have yet to fully track down. Hopefully this will not be true in your situation.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidunwin

7 years 11 months ago #5 by geoffc
Further to my earlier answer.

Staff/Admin users can raise issues on behalf of any user in the 'it people' list. This is very specific and can be useful. I agree if the user list is large there could be a long list to find the one you want. They could give the initial letter and it should scroll down to the start of that initial, but it is not ideal I agree.

When assigning(allocating) issues, only the users matched as staff/admin are shown in that list, since they are the only ones that can 'work' an issue, which would be much smaller, possibly only one or two users.

There is a default assignee that can be set up either component wide or specific for a particular selected project. See the project table default assignee field. This is useful when one wants to route all issues for a specifc project automatically to an individual.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries