Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170
Resolved: Adjusting the language file - Macrotone Forum

Unknown Error 8192: KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/route/route.php on line 437

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerWidgetAnnouncementDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/widget/announcement/display.php on line 18

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/display.php on line 25

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/forum/category/category.php on line 415

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 107

Resolved: Adjusting the language file

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/actions/display.php on line 23

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicPollDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/poll/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemMessageDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/message/display.php on line 23

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1 by ryzevn
Hello there,

First of all, compliments on a wonderful component that has proven to be very useful.

I have been using it for a while now, however I stumbled upon some issues now I want to adjust specific headings - and was hoping someone could give me a hand here :-)

After some googling i've read some possible reasons why I can't seem to change them, something about the language files not saving properly therefor not working when uploaded.

The language file has been adjusted thoroughly now, have been adjusting "some" headings in the actual component php files aswell which did seem to work. However i'm stuck on most of them.

Here's a screenshot of the headings I intend to change but can't figure out what files to adjust:
i.imgur.com/GgFob8f.png

Can someone point me into the right direction please?

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerMessageItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/message/item/actions/display.php on line 25

The topic has been locked.
11 years 2 weeks ago #2 by geoffc
There are three language files that need to be changed. One for the front end and two for the back end.

It is not immediately clear where the image snapshot is taken from, but I assume that it is the front end. In this case only the front end language file will need changing.

The most common problems with changing language files is not saving them in UTF-8 format and omitting quote marks. Certainly changing the text should work providing the above is followed. There are a few extra criteria mentioned in the article about creating translations as well.

It shouldn't really be necessary to change the php file to change the displayed text headings etc. It is always possible that we have missed a few strings, of course, which we will correct if you let us know where you have found them.

The strings for the fields in the image are as follows:

COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_IDENTIFIED_BY_PERSON_ID_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_IDENTIFIED_DATE_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_RELATED_PROJECT_ID_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_ISSUE_TYPE_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_PRIORITY_LABEL

Is that all of the specific strings are you having problems changing?

Edited by geoffc - 22.04.2013 17:57

Hint: A lot of the field labels are referenced from the file in the models/forms/itissues.xml file.

Edited by geoffc - 22.04.2013 18:02

Regards
Geoff
11 years 1 week ago #3 by ryzevn

There are three language files that need to be changed. One for the front end and two for the back end.

It is not immediately clear where the image snapshot is taken from, but I assume that it is the front end. In this case only the front end language file will need changing.

The most common problems with changing language files is not saving them in UTF-8 format and omitting quote marks. Certainly changing the text should work providing the above is followed. There are a few extra criteria mentioned in the article about creating translations as well.

It shouldn't really be necessary to change the php file to change the displayed text headings etc. It is always possible that we have missed a few strings, of course, which we will correct if you let us know where you have found them.

The strings for the fields in the image are as follows:

COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_IDENTIFIED_BY_PERSON_ID_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_IDENTIFIED_DATE_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_RELATED_PROJECT_ID_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_ISSUE_TYPE_LABEL
COM_ISSUETRACKER_FIELD_PRIORITY_LABEL

Is that all of the specific strings are you having problems changing?

Edited by geoffc - 22.04.2013 17:57

Hint: A lot of the field labels are referenced from the file in the m/forms/itissues.xml file.

Edited by geoffc - 22.04.2013 18:02

Thanks for your answer Geoffc,

I did take a look at the language files again, downloaded them for a second time aswell to make sure they were fresh.
After opening and adjusting the lines you gave me and saving them in UTF8 without BOM I uploaded them to the Component Language folder, and also to the Administrator Language folder as there seems to be a copy of the ini's there too (I'm not sure why, I just figured i'd do it to make sure)

Anyway, uploading the language files does not change any thing at all, the text does not change one bit; yes the snapshot I gave you was the front-end Issue form which doesn't seem to change nor does anything else in the entire component.

I'm really lost here, not sure what I am doing wrong.
Perhaps i'm overlooking something or I am uploading into the wrong folders I have no idea at all.

Any clue perhaps?
11 years 1 week ago #4 by geoffc
Just a thought but I assume that you have cleared the joomla page cache (Joomla system plugin), browser cache etc as well after making your changes?

If you haven't cleared the cache(s) after making your changes you would still see the original text.

[Note that some templates also implement their own form of caching.]

If it is not a cache problem, then if the language files on the server have been changed, then there is nowhere else the text could be picked up from. I also know that this may be sound like a stupid question but the language files are being replaced in the site language/en-GB directory?

[The strings themselves are unique in that they all start with COM_ISSUETRACKER so it is highly unlikely that they would exist in any other file other than the one you have replaced.]

Edited by geoffc - 23.04.2013 10:25

The front end language files are used obviously enough in the front end. The administrator language files are used in the back end only and are different from the front end versions. There are some strings that are common to both, but each is only read in the correct environment.

Edited by geoffc - 23.04.2013 10:28

Regards
Geoff
11 years 1 week ago #5 by ryzevn

Just a thought but I assume that you have cleared the joomla page cache (Joomla system plugin), browser cache etc as well after making your changes?

If you haven't cleared the cache(s) after making your changes you would still see the original text.

[Note that some templates also implement their own form of caching.]

If it is not a cache problem, then if the language files on the server have been changed, then there is nowhere else the text could be picked up from. I also know that this may be sound like a stupid question but the language files are being replaced in the site language/en-GB directory?

[The strings themselves are unique in that they all start with COM_ISSUETRACKER so it is highly unlikely that they would exist in any other file other than the one you have replaced.]

Edited by geoffc - 23.04.2013 10:25

The front end language files are used obviously enough in the front end. The administrator language files are used in the back end only and are different from the front end versions. There are some strings that are common to both, but each is only read in the correct environment.

Edited by geoffc - 23.04.2013 10:28

Oi!

So I cleared my cache, repeat the steps, re-uploaded the entire bunch and bazinga: i.imgur.com/peukcUj.png

We have a change!
I am not sure what I did different this time, as I did the previous steps before.. but I suppose I did something wrong or missed out on something.

Either way, it works - and I thank you kindly for both your assistance and your quick responses.
Thank you very much.
11 years 1 week ago #6 by geoffc
I have been caught that way myself before so you are not alone. Thank you for acknowledging the resolution.

Looks like there are still a few more strings that you wish to translate from looking at the image file.

Since you are now happy the changes work I will therefore mark this thread as resolved.

Enjoy using the component.

Edited by geoffc - 23.04.2013 11:22

Regards
Geoff
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries