Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170
Several rendering & access problems; perhaps related to template - Macrotone Forum

Unknown Error 8192: KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/route/route.php on line 437

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerWidgetAnnouncementDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/widget/announcement/display.php on line 18

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/display.php on line 25

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/forum/category/category.php on line 415

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 107

Several rendering & access problems; perhaps related to template

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/actions/display.php on line 23

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicPollDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/poll/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemMessageDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/message/display.php on line 23

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by Ray
I'm running Issue Tracker in a local development install of Joomla 2.5.8 (XAMPP) making use of a commercial Rockettheme template (Metropolis). I'm mentioning the template right away because I believe it to be the most likely cause of my issues.

I initially attempted to update Issue Tracker from version 1.2.2. I had not yet gotten around to fully configuring/testing the component, but had at least set up an initial "Issues List" page that provided nothing but a list of issues from the Sample data (no links, drop-down box selectors etc.). The update to 1.3.0 did nothing to clear up the initial display problems, so I started focusing on truly setting up all of the components options, following all of the FAQs and main documentation provided here on this site.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is some kind of conflict, but I have been quite unable to track it down. Here is what appears to be affected:

1. The main Issues List now links to child items, but there are still no drop-down selector boxes above the list for filtering (all filtering options are turned on in the back-end)

2. The CSS files have no effect, even when obviously modified (change the primary color, nothing happens on the front). I do not even see the default layout. Instead, all cell separator lines are missing. Firebug shows that the CSS files are hardly being consulted at all, suggesting that some part of RT's template's Gantry/CSS/LESS system is overriding your front-end script.

3. When I set up a "Submit an Issue" page, the "Project" & "Type" drop-down selectors are completely empty, even though I have multiple projects & Types published on the back end. I have already gone through every entry across all sections of the back-end, opening and Saving to ensure connection with the database, and have also run MySQL Optimize & Repair commands on the database to ensure no issues on that side of things.

I have twice uninstalled and re-installed from scratch, rebuilding all of the items I had already added to each of the sections & options, I've Saved every item across all sections multiple times, I've triple checked all ACL settings across the global & component areas, etc., but I can see no reason why these issues exist or how they might be related (either to an issue within the component or a conflict with the template). I can, however, tell you that this template includes some kind of integrated formatting for tables, which may be enough to cover all of the issues in your experience with your code. You can check out a relatively thorough description of their handling of tables about 1/3 of the way down the following page:

demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/metropolis/features/typography

Hopefully, it will shed enough light on this for you that we can figure out a way around these problems. The component seems perfect for the needs of the site, but I can't make use of it in its current state.

On a side note, this website returns the following error both during registration and when it forced me to retell it the password after logging in:

Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation SQL=SET SESSION binlog_format = 'MIXED'

Just below this error was a second display showing that my Save command was successful.

Warm Regards,
Ray

Edited by Ray - 04.03.2013 09:46

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerMessageItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/message/item/actions/display.php on line 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #2 by geoffc

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

I think that your thought that the template might be involved is probably on the right track. Looking at the typography of the template suggests that it is based (or is) a Twitter bootstrap and less variant.
Having said that of course it should be possible to 'override' the CSS with your own settings. The Issue Tracker component is not using the class 'table' in the back end. Instead it used 'ittable'. In the front end it can be individually set to what ever you want. (Under advanced tab on the menu option.)

Looking at the problem list individually.
1) You say there are no drop down filter boxes on the front end issue list. I do not understand this currently, since they should be present even if they are empty. Hmmmm.

2) The CSS is not having any effect, so I suspect that the LESS compiler may be having an impact here. I saw something similar myself and posted a blog entry which might assist. Blog entry . I also recall reading an article/bug report about problems with 'less' in some instances, but can't recall the source. You are obviously quite well acquainted with templates from the precise nature of your forum post, so you may find setting up and editing the 'custom' issue tracker css file in your template helps in getting to the root of the problem. Possibly using the !important spec.

3. Project and type selectors being empty suggest (to me) that the the projects/types are not published. Certainly types is the easiest to investigate (since projects uses a tree hierarchy.) This doesn't sound like a template issue. [The list is populated from a SQL statement so trying that statement on its own in a database session might help to pin the problem down.]

I can sense your justifiable frustration and suggest that as a test it might be worth eliminating the current template and using something such as the Beez template and see if the problems still occur. That way you eliminate one major element. Once you have confirmed/eliminated the template as the cause of the problem, the issue tracker concerns may either disappear or enable them to be resolved more easily. Then going back to the rocket template might help in focusing.

Re the SQL error. What version of MySQL are you running? I also suspect that the error is caused by the Joomla database connection not using the MYSQL root account. This problem is obviously ignorable, since the install completes. I think this is a consequence of the set up using XAMP, although not using XAMP myself I cannot be 100% sure. It is used to ensure that the database changes that follow the statement get recorded in the database if database replication is in place. I am not aware where we are using that particular statement currently so will have a look and see if it is required at all.

Sorry I have not been able to completely answer your questions but hopefully there are a few suggestions on how to progress the problems.

Edited by geoffc - 04.03.2013 10:51

I have checked the Issue Tracker code and can find no trace of any SQL statement setting binlog_format, so suggest this is coming from somewhere else.

We do however use it in out 'passwordcontrol' plugin. Might you also be using that as well? If so I can tell you where to eliminate the statement if that is the situation.

Edited by geoffc - 04.03.2013 11:23

Regards
Geoff

11 years 1 month ago #3 by Ray

I think that your thought that the template might be involved is probably on the right track. Looking at the typography of the template suggests that it is based (or is) a Twitter bootstrap and less variant.
Having said that of course it should be possible to 'override' the CSS with your own settings. The Issue Tracker component is not using the class 'table' in the back end. Instead it used 'ittable'. In the front end it can be individually set to what ever you want. (Under advanced table on the menu option.)

Thanks for your reply and the additional things for me to investigate. The template is based on "Gantry", which is RT's own foundation for constructing their templates. Gantry is open source, so it may or may not be something worth investigating yourself (www.gantry-framework.org/). Gantry does indeed make use of both Twitter's Bootstrap and strong use of a LESS compiler which, at least until I can turn myself into a LESS expert, currently provides me with more CSS-related challenges that I would prefer (e.g. When I change this here, why does it affect all of those elements and not just the one I'm attempting to target? lol)

I did recognize IT as using a unique ittable class within the administrator.css file (thanks a TON for that! :) ), but the various table layouts within the issuetracker.css file appear to not use that at all (instead, relying on table.itstyle, table.itbluestyle, etc.). table-bordered, table-condensed, table-hover and table-striped are already in use by the template's typography. Perhaps a slight adjustment of any common IT versions would be enough to avoid any future clashes with RT (and perhaps other) templates (e.g. table-bordered_it).

IT also directly references the other typical table elements (th, tr, td), as does the template's LESS files as part of the overall typography. I'm unsure if this has any bearing on what I'm experiencing. RT provides the relatively simple means to non-destructively customize LESS by making a second file and adding "-custom" to the filename just before the extension, but I hesitate to change much because I also need proper rendering of other non-Issue Tracker tables across the site. I may have to experiment more than what I have time for in order to see 'what affects what' in there.

Looking at the problem list individually.
1) You say there are no drop down filter boxes on the front end issue list. I do not understand this currently, since they should be present even if they are empty. Hmmmm.

The space for them does not show up, either. Page source/Firebug has no knowledge that anything should be just above the table, other than the email/print icons. If I turn those icons off in the back, nothing shows at all.

However, I can also add that the template has two cache flushes (one for css & a separate one for LESS). After every adjustment I have attempted, I have flushed both of those, along with Joomla's system cache & my browser cache. I have even removed all cookies to see if that would help. I'm now also curious as to whether any of this can be caused by a database issue. I did try repairing/optimizing the entire site's database, but none of these cleanup attempts provide any change in the component's appearance on the front end. Is it at all possible that something did not make it into the packaging of this new 1.3 version?

2) The CSS is not having any effect, so I suspect that the LESS compiler may be having an impact here. I saw something similar myself and posted a blog entry which might assist. Blog entry . I also recall reading an article/bug report about problems with 'less' in some instances, but can't recall the source. You are obviously quite well acquainted with templates from the precise nature of your forum post, so you may find setting up and editing the 'custom' issue tracker css file in your template helps in getting to the root of the problem. Possibly using the !important spec.

I will certainly experiment with the !important spec, although I always prefer to think of that as a kind of 'cheat of absolute last resort'. If !important causes change, perhaps Firebug will be a little more forthcoming on what that spec was able to override, giving me more of a clue as to what is stealing focus away from the IT CSS file in the first place. lol

3. Project and type selectors being empty suggest (to me) that the the projects/types are not published. Certainly types is the easiest to investigate (since projects uses a tree hierarchy.)

Everything is published and has been opened/Saved multiple times (mostly out of frustration), but I was very careful to not miss anything.

I can sense your justifiable frustration and suggest that as a test it might be worth eliminating the current template and using something such as the Beez template and see if the problems still occur. That way you eliminate one major element. Once you have confirmed/eliminated the template as the cause of the problem, the issue tracker concerns may either disappear or enable them to be resolved more easily. Then going back to the rocket template might help in focusing.

I removed Beez2 and only have beez5 and a half-decent free template as a backup. If needed, I'll give this a go after I try some other things that may point me in the right direction.

Re the SQL error. What version of MySQL are you running? I also suspect that the error is caused by the Joomla database connection not using the MYSQL root account. This problem is obviously ignorable, since the install completes. I think this is a consequence of the set up using XAMP, although not using XAMP myself I cannot be 100% sure. It is used to ensure that the database changes that follow the statement get recorded in the database if database replication is in place. I am not aware where we are using that particular statement currently so will have a look and see if it is required at all.

This is actually an issue that I am reporting about your website, not mine. Try logging out and registering a new 'regular user' account to see what I mean (assuming, of course, that it does it to you, too).

Sorry I have not been able to completely answer your questions but hopefully there are a few suggestions on how to progress the problems.

Edited by geoffc - 04.03.2013 10:51

I certainly appreciate any/all attempts that you have taken to help in tracking down these anomalies.

Edited by Ray - 04.03.2013 12:08

11 years 1 month ago #4 by geoffc
RE: SQL error message.

Do you know this SQL error problem has never been reported to us in over a year, but yes I have managed to duplicate the problem. I will look into it and resolve it.

Thank you for taking the time to report it.

Left us know if we can help any further with the rendering problems.

Regards
Geoff

11 years 1 month ago #5 by geoffc
RE the issuetracker.css file. This is the main CSS file used in the front end for CSS effects. By default the list styles on the front end are using the class='adminlist'. This retains backwards compatibility with release 1.2.2. Class 'ittable' is just a small variation on the old 'adminlist' style. Any of the Issue Trcacker list displays can be changed on the 'Advanced' tab on the menu table for the item to anything that is defined in the stylesheet. There are a couple of styles provided. (itbluestyle and italtstyle) On our site we use all three for our known issues lists just as examples. The blog was about another style that was being developed but never released.

Issue tracker recognises 'custom' CSS overrided from your template. In this way one can set up what ever overrides one wants.

Generally the Issue tracker adminlist.css is intended just for use by the back end.

Regards
Geoff

11 years 1 month ago #6 by Ray

RE: SQL error message.

Do you know this SQL error problem has never been reported to us in over a year, but yes I have managed to duplicate the problem. I will look into it and resolve it.

Thank you for taking the time to report it.

Left us know if we can help any further with the rendering problems.

I'm not surprised. So many sites have various issues that a lot of folks just convince themselves that their own browsers suck. If you had been unable to reproduce it, I might have thought the same about mine. :D

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries