Deprecated: Joomla\Input\Input implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 41

Deprecated: Return type of Joomla\Input\Input::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /homepages/13/d380392445/htdocs/Jlive/libraries/vendor/joomla/input/src/Input.php on line 170
Formatting - Macrotone Forum

Unknown Error 8192: KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/route/route.php on line 437

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerWidgetAnnouncementDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/widget/announcement/display.php on line 18

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/display.php on line 25

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/forum/category/category.php on line 415

Unknown Error 8192: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 107

Formatting

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/actions/display.php on line 23

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicPollDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/poll/display.php on line 21

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerTopicItemMessageDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/topic/item/message/display.php on line 23

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by Stonedfury
Formatting was created by Stonedfury
First let me compliment you on a great tool.

I have been reading your documentation and I might have missed it. I would like to remove the save and cancel buttons on the top of the form and only have the ones on bottom, also make the form fields wider as they are module size on my site.
I would also like to be able to change the "Creat an Issue" and have already tried the included language file but seemed to change nothing. Is there another language file?

Additionally I do not use the default captcha and that means there is not captcha on my issue form as it does not include an email address to call the KeyCaptcha.

Could it be possible to allow guest to submit a ticket as long as they provide an email and pass the keycaptcha? This would help with people who can't login due to other issues.

Thank you sir.

I don't ask if I can find the answer on my own.

Unknown Error 8192: ComponentKunenaControllerMessageItemActionsDisplay implements the Serializable interface, which is deprecated. Implement __serialize() and __unserialize() instead (or in addition, if support for old PHP versions is necessary) in components/com_kunena/controller/message/item/actions/display.php on line 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Re: Formatting

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2115

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2022

Unknown Error 8192: strlen(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2070

To remove the 'save' and 'cancel' buttons from the top of the 'Create an issue' form you need to edit the code. In the file site/components/views/form/tmpl/edit.php comment out the lines around 54->61.

Re the languages files. You do not say which language you are using, but all the non-english packs are gratefully submitted by users, so I could not begin to say what the text should be. Having said that in general you can edit the language files yourself to change the text to what ever you desire. There is an article Languages which talks about creating language translations, which you could refer to. Language files are located under the language directory under the specific country code. i.e. For the English language they are in languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_issuetracker.ini. If you require further details please ask.

We implemented ReCaptcha to be able to filter out possible bogus entries, but it is not compulsory. There is a component option control the use of the recaptcha so that it is not presented on the form. Using the option does not impact the need to provide email addresses etc. For registered users the recaptcha is not displayed by default. The reason being of course that we already have verified, by the act of the user logging in, that they are who they say they are.
For non-registered users the email is really the only thing we can reasonably believe to be true, hence the captcha to provide some form of additional check.

If possible it is recommended to use a captcha, although it is not foolproof. Recaptcha is used since it is supplied with the Joomla core distribution and all that is required is a 'free' verfication core from Google. We have not been asked for alternative captcha mechanisms although there are several available which it would be possible to implement. I believe KeyCaptcha might well be one, although not one I am familar with it. Certainly it would be possible to implement it in the way you have suggested since that it a standard mechanism.

Regards
Geoff

11 years 3 months ago #3 by Stonedfury
Replied by Stonedfury on topic Re: Formatting
Hello,

My language file is english and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

the folder you mentioned is not on my site. I do not have a site/components/views/form/tmpl/edit.php There is however components/com_issuetracker/views/form/tmpl/edit.php and on lines 54->61 there is this

// Create shortcut to parameters.

$parameters = $this->state->get('params');

// Uncomment out to view what form fields are available

//echo '';var_dump($this->form);'';

?>

As for using the keycaptcha or captcha and allowing guest.

There are a ton of sites that have that as a feature, enom, arivixe, bluehost, just to name some hosting and there are others such as paypal, ebay, amazon, verizon, and so on. So if the person is having an issue registering or logging in they can submit an issue and we can address it. That is why I would love to either have the captcha/keycaptcha (if guest/email is present) or a math equation works wonders too.

Would that be possible. It will increase the versatility and using the captcha on email is secure.

Edited by Stonedfury - 25.01.2013 21:18

11 years 3 months ago #4 by Stonedfury
Replied by Stonedfury on topic Re: Formatting
I wound up editing this to remove the buttons.
Lines 101-117

Where is the css styling for the form? I want to change the way the input boxes are displayed. They need to be wider in % so that they expand and don't stay so small.

11 years 3 months ago #5 by geoffc
I will respond to the coding concern in a separate post when I have had a look again at the code, but at the moment I do not recognise the lines and the code you illustrated.

RE CSS: The CSS style sheet that is used in 1.2.2 and earlier is media/system/css/adminlist.css and this is mainly for the list displays. Be aware that it is a system stylesheet so making changing will impact other areas/components using the stylesheet.

In 1.3.0 we have implemented our own stylesheet (with overrides) hence no conflicts should then occur. This area (CSS) has been reworked in release 1.3.0 which is undergoing testing.

The form itself (for issue entry) doesn't really take advantage of any special CSS styling. It is something that is on the list for further wrk when time/circumstances permit.

Edited by geoffc - 26.01.2013 13:25

What I should have said re the form CSS is that it uses the standard classes:

.formelm
.formelm-area
.formelm-buttons

Which are probably defined in your site template. So the styling will reflect that which is used on other forms such as the com_content forms. Issue Tracker does not itself use any special CSS of its own definition for the form.

Edited by geoffc - 26.01.2013 17:16

Regards
Geoff

11 years 3 months ago #6 by geoffc
RE the edit.php file, sorry I missed out the component name and the file is indeed site/components/com_issuetracker/views/form/tmpl/edit.php.

In the release version around lines 52-59 I have the following:

<div class="formelm-buttons">
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('itissues.save')">
<?php echo JText::_('JSAVE') ?>
</button>
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('itissues.cancel')">
<?php echo JText::_('JCANCEL') ?>
</button>
</div>

And it is these lines that required commenting out/removing to remove the top buttons.

The lines you illustrate seem to me to be from around 27-> 33.

Re the question of captcha usage. I am a little confused and wonder if we are at cross purposes. ReCaptcha is already available for use in issue tracker and is controlled by a component option. If enabled then it will be present for guest users raising issues (providing permission has been given for guest users to raise issues - See ACL settings).

We have not been asked for other/alternative captcha mechanisms, so have not implemented them. This does not mean we will not consider requests to do so if there is sufficient demand.

I am confused because your post seems to imply that captcha is not available for guest users at all, so am unsure whether this is a configuration/coding problem with Recaptcha not working, or a request for a different captcha mechanism.

The question of how secure captcha is, is a much bigger topic and it is not 100% secure, but it is sufficient to 'weed' out most rogue entries and suitable for most sites. Mechanisms do exist to 'crack' it, but they are not common.

Edited by geoffc - 26.01.2013 18:19

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries