Frontend: Expiring and Unpublish not working

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #7 by geoffc
Thank you for notifying me of the comment code error. I have corrected it but as you say I do not think it is causing any problems.

Re the inability to change an issue to unpublished I cannot seem to replicate it on my test system. I have tried with three possible users, entry owner, rialto moderator and the superuser, all on the front end and in every case they could 'unpublish' a previously published entry.

In the back end it also works OK.

Could you check the registered users ACL components for 'Create','Edit' and 'Edit Own'. I have them 'allowed' (rest are inherited), and wish to check whether it is the ACLs that are causing the problem.

Think I may have found the problem. It may be related to the default published state. Now to look at the code.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #8 by geoffc
Right found it.

In the front end file rialto/models/entryform.php change line 303 to:
if ( ! array_key_exists('state', $data) ) {

Now to continue testing.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captainmoomoo

7 years 9 months ago #9 by Captainmoomoo
That piece of code seems to have fixed it. I set my listing to unpublished and then re-published and it works both ways. Thank you!

On my way home, I realized I meant to say that it does work on the backend. When I tested it on the frontend, I checked both to see if it was either displayed wrong, or not yet deactivated. Sorry for any confusion.

7 years 9 months ago #10 by geoffc
No confusion, glad its now working OK. Just need to check out that all the other changes are working as well, which currently in my tests they seem to be..

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries