Frontend: Expiring and Unpublish not working

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Captainmoomoo
Hello, I am playing around in the frontend with Rialto, and I've came across some problems. When I set my listing to 'unpublished', the listing stays active. When I set the listing to 'expired', it still stays active. All of the other options under the Publishing tab works. I am able to set 'unpublished' and 'expired' in the backend, but I need this to work in the frontend, too. Added attachment of problem area.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #2 by geoffc
Fixed in 1.3.0 release.

The basic problem is that an entry cannot be visible on the front end if it is expired. The expired flag works with the published state flag and there was a small logic fault in the code. The published change was working upon my (modified) version correctly.

I have modified the logic to enforce the intended behavior. .

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captainmoomoo

7 years 10 months ago #3 by Captainmoomoo
That makes sense, thank you for the update. Curious, when do you plan on releasing 1.3.0? Asking as I will be making my website live probably in the next week or so, and I want to let the users know when they can expect (more or less) this functionality. Thanks geoffc.

7 years 10 months ago #4 by geoffc
I am testing the latest changes at the moment. The biggest thing outstanding is still to check that the multi-lingual is working fine. (I have still to think about subscription across different languages yet as well.) I can let you have a RC copy next week if you want. I should have tested most things by then.

The changes to this particular reported problem are linked in with a few other changes so it would be messy to try and separate them quickly, hence the preference to leave it for the 1.3.0 release.

Regards
Geoff

7 years 10 months ago #5 by Captainmoomoo
That would be fine, please send me a RC copy next week when you can. I think having those 2 options (unpublished, expired) working would be beneficial for right now, but I don't want you to feel like you are being rushed by any means. :)

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6 by Captainmoomoo
Received your beta 1.3.0 this morning, thanks!

A few things I noticed:

+ Setting a listing as 'expired' works, but setting it to 'unpublished' still does not work (I checked the frontend and backend).
+ There was also a typo on line 416 in default.php (com_rialto > views > category > tmpl > default.php)
<! language -->
should be
<!-- language -->
to properly comment out the description. I don't think it breaks anything, but it's good to fix!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries