user not forced to reset password after 1st login

7 years 5 months ago #1 by onderzoekspraktijk
Hi,

I admire the plugin you made: its versatility and the various ways it can add to the safety of logins in Joomla.
The plugin worked for me as intended, but now seems to have lost its capacity to really force the registered user to change the password at the first login.

I am working with a joomla 3.6.2 install, and PHP 5.6.26 Mysql 5.6.31.

I checked and read the manual, and cannot find anything wrong in the configuration of the plugin.
The problem is, that after the first login the login page is activated with a message on top to reset the password.
When I click on a menu item outside this view I just go to the page that is linked to the menu-item. I am not blocked in any way and the login page just disappears.
Before I was blocked and could not do anything before first crating and saving a new password. That is no more the case, and I really have no idea when that exactly changed.

Is this perhaps because of changes in Joomla? or did I miss something else?
I hoped to find more users of the plugin reporting this as a problem but cannot anything like my problem reported here. So?

Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #2 by geoffc
The only circumstance where I am aware that the first logon is not forced is if the user is in an exempt ACL group or if they themselves are exempt. The plugin has not changed recently so it may be a recent Joomla change as you surmised. I will have to take a look and see if I can replicate the problem.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries