pw reset overrides pw control plugin settings?

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #7 by geoffc
I am wondering if this might be a plugin conflict of some form. This would also explain why the back end shows the generator and not the front end, since the password control code for both is virtually identical.

To enable me to understand this problem and get a resolution I would need access to your site. Preferably a test site as there may be a few 'funnies' whilst I make a few tests.

Super Administrator access
URL to site's administrator page (e.g. www.example.com/administrator?foobar or www.example.com/administrator ):
Super Administrator username: (e.g. admin)
Super Administrator password: (e.g. abc1234)

FTP connection information
FTP methods supported (e.g. FTP, FTPS, SFTP):
FTP Hostname: (e.g. www.example.com)
FTP Username: (e.g. fredb)
FTP Password: (e.g. abc1234)
FTP Port (if other than 21 for FTP and 22 for SFTP, ask your host):

The safest way to provide this information is probably to email me at: support at macrotoneconsulting,.co.uk

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: murales

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #8 by murales
Hi Geoff, sorry for not answering but I've been quite busy in these days.

I could give you superadmin access, however there's no test site, only the main one...and I realize that I don't even have a full backup!! :whistle:
No problem if something strange happens during the testing, as long as no data is lost and the site gets back to normal at the end. It's a site used by a small group of about 20 people, so it can stay offline for a while.

Maybe I could replicate the site elsewhere for you to test? Never did it before, so if you can give me some advice on the easiest procedure to clone a joomla site, it would be welcome...
Should I use this procedure?
docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website

Thanks!

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #9 by geoffc
You could indeed you that particular method. I would however suggest that you might want to consider something a little easier to manage. I would advice you to have a look at Akeeba Backup . I have the pro version but the free core version will do everything you are likely to need. Its easy to use and backup a site and to restore it as well. I used the core version a few years ago and upgraded to the pro version for the extra functionality and can say I am very happy with it. Support is also good and I speak as a satisfied customer. It is highly rated in the JED.

Just email me the connection details when you are ready and I will look and see if I can find what is wrong.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries