Blank page when password changed

9 years 1 month ago #1 by Walter
Hi,

I have just installed your product on my Joomla/Jomsocial test site.

I am just in the process of upgrading the live site and would like to use your product to ensure members change their password on a particular day (after the upgrade) then at a regular interval thereafter.

I have been testing your plug in and have found that when a user changes their password only a blank page presents. Even when using a URL for a redirect, a blank page presents.

I have looked through the documentation/faq and in the forum and cannot find anything that helps me work out the problem.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by chrisc
Thank you for reporting this.
I am not familiar with JomSocial and am not aware of the use of the plugin with this component. Some social components make use of their own interfaces and control their users passwords etc in their own tables, rather than using the standard Joomla mechanism. This may (or may not) be the situation here, but without any specific knowledge I can only surmise at present.
Blank pages tend to indicate some form of coding error, and one mechanism to see if this is the case is to turn on the Joomla site Debugging. See the FAQ for more details.
If you could provide some specific version information of the site components (preferably by email to our support address) I could try building a 'special' and see if I can duplicate the problem, but it is not something that can be done very quickly. I also, obviously do not have access to any 'paid' JomSocial offerings either so may not be able to exactly match your configuration, but may get close enough to duplicate the problem and possibly find a solution.

Update:
I note that JomSocial has been de-listed from the JED for UR12: General Guideline Violation. I also think that JomSocial is a 'paid' component so it is unlikely that it is worth while our purchasing a licence to support a 'free' password control plugin. Thus we may not able to match your configuration to develop a solution to the problem. Sorry.
If you do discover a coding type error we would obviously be keen to get it corrected and it may resolve your problem, although we could not specifically test it ourselves.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries