Issue doesn receive email

6 years 1 month ago #1 by yberges
hello
i am testing your component but i didn't find how to receive email notification
email by joomla work
=> does i need to add cron or joomla phpmailer is enought ?
=> does i need to configure imap for sure ?
=> about cron i test
doamine.com/index.php?option=com_issuetracker&task=cron.mykey .. but i didn't find secret key config ..
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Issue doesn receive email
There are two aspects to mail.
1. The ability to send email to the issue raiser, admin and assignee. This makes use of the standard Joomla mailing mechanism. If you Joomla site is configured to send email, using for example 'PHP Mail' then Issue Tracker enables one to define which types of emails, (New, update or closed) each person type (owner, asignee or admin) can receve.
2. The ability to receive email from teh web to open a new issue. This is more complex since Joomla does not provide a standard mechanism. It is necessary to configue the varous email settings in the component, such as which mail sercver to conect to, username, password etc to fetch the mail. The frequence of the 'checking' for email is more hit and miss depending upon whether you choose to configure a system (i.e. Unix) to use the standard 'cron' scheduler. If cron is not used then the fetch will be performed based upon how active the Joomla insance is, and if the answer is not very, then it is likely to be very infrequently.
The documentation goes some way to describing the mechanisms, specifically the technical guide.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries