information email - link for change status

6 years 1 month ago #1 by Mister.Miracle
hello,

is it possible, to create a link that could change the status.

e.g. the assigne person will be informed by the information-email because there is a new issue.
now, i m able to give all information about the issue into this email.

the assigne person should be able to see one or two link at this information-email, so he is able to change the issus-status to open, in progress, finish and reject (maybe with information).

so the assigne people is able to change status only through reading emails and everybody else could see, whether the issue is in progress or rejected. so the assigne person has not change the status on joomla backend.

Maybe... is it possible to create an overview in frontend to change the status?

thank you for answering with hints :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2 by geoffc
It is possible to create an issue by email, but not to specifically update an existing issue by email.
The idea of having a link is interesting to update an issue is something that I wouild need to think about, mainly due to 'audit' purposes. It is possible to spoof email addresses so it would be a requirement to ensure that the email is authorised to make an update, and also record it in teh audit logs for tracking purposes.
A logged in (asignee) user can already update an issue assigned to them in the front end but they would usually also update the progress field at the same time. [Something that an email update facility would also need to do, for audit purposes!] A few more steps than just updating one status field I agree.
Not a quick change I am afraid.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries