Issuetracker - german language

6 years 2 months ago #1 by Mister.Miracle
Hello,

i have installed language pack german for issuetracker, but there are also some word unchanged in english.

E.G. issue was not translated to "Vorschlag" or something like that.
Maybe someone could explain how to change the language from english to german again (maybe i have done an error while installing?).

Please tell me again, how to change language.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #2 by geoffc
Our translations are created by volunteers (using Transifex) and it is very possible (likely) that their specific translations may not suit everyone.
There are a number of different files, some for front end, some for the back end , and some for the plugins and modules.
The files are located in the Joomal installation language directories and are all named with the word 'issuetracker' within thier name.
There are two ways to change translations on your site.
1. Edit the specific files within the language directories.
2. Create a Joomla language override for a specific language string.

I do not know what your knowledge of Joomla may be, so would suggest you might want to extract the translation zip file into a directory upon your local machine and inspect them to find out what strings you might want to change.
There are several guides to language changes on the web so do not wish to duplicate them here. If you require further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards
Geoff

6 years 2 months ago #3 by Mister.Miracle
it is okay and i understand, what you means... also the different ways to change the files!

but the only surely way to create a lanuage-changed-file could be, creating a override or changing the language-file itself and give another file-version.

i would give you an example.

Issue - the english word - dont exists in german. so it is translated like Problem. on the german language-file it is translated to iusse... and this word dont exists in german. i think this sould generally reproduced again or controlled again by another person...

i will check the files and will see though only one change is usefull whether there are more than one change is usefull.

thank you for you explanations

6 years 1 month ago #4 by geoffc
My knowledge of German is limited (many years ago...) and I suspect that the translator(s) decided to retain the word 'issue' rather than use an alernative such as 'problem'.
One way to make the change globally would be to extract the language zip file, and do a scan replace on all of teh individual files and then zip them up again and install into Joomla. Probably the fasterest and easiest way to change it globally.

Regards
Geoff

6 years 1 month ago #5 by Mister.Miracle
and after the "new" language-File installation... somewhere it will give a new update and everthing will be "overwritten" and it starts again?

Actually... i tried to resolve the problem with overrides in joomla :-(
not the shortes way... but it works

6 years 1 month ago #6 by geoffc
I think that is the best approach as well. Glad you got it sorted out to your liking.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries