JFIELD_PUBLISHED_DESC always unpublished as defaul

6 years 8 months ago #1 by enzo.orsi
Hi,
even if I change the default "publish state" from the control panel, when I open a new issue the JFIELD_PUBLISHED_DESC is always set as unpublished as default.
Do you know the reason?

Furthermore, is it normal that progress textarea is always readonly from frontend even if I am an administrator? Is it possible to add progress only from backend?

Thank you!
Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #2 by enzo.orsi
I solved both issues with a WORKAROUND!

1) Even if I change the default "publish state" from the control panel, when I open a new issue the JFIELD_PUBLISHED_DESC is always set as unpublished as default.

I changed components/com_issuetracker/models/forms/itissues.xml at row 82
      <field name=""state"" type=""list""
         label=""JPUBLISHED"" description=""JFIELD_PUBLISHED_DESC""
         class=""inputbox"" size=""1"" default=""1"">  //before it was default=""0""
         <option value=""1"">JPUBLISHED</option>
         <option value=""0"">JUNPUBLISHED</option>
      </field>"

2) All textarea (progress, summary, description) are always readonly from frontend even if I am an administrator
In Joomla I am not using any editor, I am using plain text editor (so "none editor").

I changed components/com_issuetracker/views/form/view.html.php at row 110
 if ( $app->get('editor') == ""none"" ) {
      $wysiwyg = 1; //before it was = 0
  }

Will it be fixed with the next release? Otherwise the changes will be replaced with the upload...

Thank you!

6 years 8 months ago #3 by enzo.orsi
One small update:

1) Even if I change the default "publish state" from the control panel, when I open a new issue the JFIELD_PUBLISHED_DESC is always set as unpublished as default.

The trick below at the end is not always working, it is very weird, I cannot understand. Some issues are unpublished, I change to published even from backend and they come back to unpublished.

2) All textarea (progress, summary, description) are always readonly from frontend even if I am an administrator

If in Joomla Global Configuration I have "editor none" it does not work, but if I use JCE for example it works even without the below change to the code.

6 years 8 months ago #4 by enzo.orsi

enzo.orsi wrote: One small update:

The trick below at the end is not always working, it is very weird, I cannot understand. Some issues are unpublished, I change to published even from backend and they come back to unpublished.

If in Joomla Global Configuration I have "editor none" it does not work, but if I use JCE for example it works even without the below change to the code.

At the end, also the 2) is a bug. Even if I use JCE, textareas are not editable.
The unique way is to change components/com_issuetracker/views/form/view.html.php at row 110
 if ( $app->get('editor') == ""none"" ) {
      $wysiwyg = 1; //before it was = 0
  }

Will it be solved before next release?

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikushka

6 years 2 months ago #5 by Nikushka
Hello!

I just tried the change in components/com_issuetracker/views/form/view.html.php, and it doesn't work for me, no matter, which editor I choose.
Any other ideas?

6 years 2 months ago #6 by geoffc
Do you have any template overrides is place? Off hand that is the only reason I can immediately think of.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries