Enhancement suggestions

7 years 7 months ago #1 by ppetree
Originally, I had this long, long list of suggestions for enhancements but after reading through the forums I find all those things are there but just not working on my install... there must be some default settings and configuration that is just not clear to me.

I see no way of adding to the progress from the front end... I created a menu item, restricted it to a group of users (call it admin, support, paid customers or whatever) and then added a view for projects and each project displays along with two buttons: View issues and Create issues.

When I click on the View Issues button all I get is a list of issues... no status, no ability to update the progress... nothing... just a list.

Is that right or am I missing some configuration settings?

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Enhancement suggestions
I have moved this topic to 'Issue Tracker' since it was allocated to the wrong category.

I would suggest that a read of the docs would be useful since it sounds like you are not setting a few configuration options which control the fields displayed.

Re the inability to update the progress field. To be able to do this the user has to be logged in, and they must also be the creator (as shown by the 'identified by' field) or the person allocated to work the issue, or an issue administrator. If none of these is true then the progress update will not be shown.

The View Issues display will show the item fields that are configured to be shown. Look at the menu item for the 'List Issues View' and select which you wish to be shown. Remember that there are limits on the displayed screen, so trying to show all the 'long text' fields in the issue list will look strange.list. Similarly for a single item view, look at the component options for displayed fields to defined which are shown.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries