Possibility to hide Language-selector in EntryForm

8 years 4 months ago #1 by Fisker
Hello at Macrotone

Thank You very much for an amazing and superior Extension for Joomla 3. (have just translated the FrontEnd it to Danish :-), I can send it if You like )

I'll ask You if it somehow is possible to disable/Hide the Language-selector, when creating a new Entry (I'm running a multi-lingual site, but users don't need to select Language, because the Rialto only need to be visible for one of the Languages).

Thank You in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by chrisc
First I have created a Danish language on Transifex and arranged for an invitation to be sent to you to enable you to submit your translation. Once submitted I can generate a Danish language zip file which will then be added to the site for others to make use of. If you would prefer to send me your translation that is also possible by emailing it to support at our address and I will upload it to Transifex. There are several article on this site providing details of Transifex, which will be of use if you would like to participate.

To remove the language field from the front end form will (currently) require you to edit the file components/com_rialto/views/entry/tmpl/default.php.

Comment out the lines 394 to 404 inclusive. I have run a couple of tests and it seems to work fine. The default displayed language when the entry is created is assumed for the 'new' entry, which should be fine in the majority of situations.

Ideally this should be a component option and I will add it as such in the next release.

Any problems please let me know.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisker

8 years 4 months ago #3 by Fisker
Thank You very much.
Works like a charm, GREAT :-)

I have uploaded my Front-End translation to Transifex, and have translated a bit on the "Latest"-plugin.
I will try to do translations on the Backend-files in the future, but I'll have to use the Extension some more to get an Idea for the right translation.

Hope You will develop this amazing Extension to future Joomla releases.

8 years 4 months ago #4 by chrisc
Thank you for confirming that the suggested change works for you.

I have created the (partial) language translation on the site and it is now available for others to use. I have also added your name and details to our translation lists.

The change will be part of the next official release as a component option.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

8 years 4 months ago #5 by Fisker

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries