Issue tracker general questions

8 years 10 months ago #7 by orsteglasy
Hi Geoff,

Thanks, you helped me a lot.

I created a regular registered user and managed to switch off everything using the 'en masse' setting, however I'd like to keep some of those. Could you please elaborate a bit on how exactly I can keep the 'issue type' and 'priority' fields only? The 'Create an issue' form is reached by clicking one of my main menu items. In the component options I hid everything under the 'Front End' section, but those detail field are still showing up, if I switch off the 'en masse' setting.

Please also let me know if there is a way to put the issue type into the first position of the 'create an issue' form.

Many thanks,
O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #8 by geoffc
I am unsure of your admin/coding abilities, but the correct way to do this is as follows:
  1. Create a template override for the issuetracker form view.
  2. Edit the file edit.php and move the required lines to the position you desire.
  3. Save the file and test out the result.

This method will ensure that any changes you make are retained over any future component upgrade as well. Another advantage is that if you get it wrong you can always start all over again, since you are changing the override and not the original source files.

I am assuming that you know how to create a template override, if not let me know and I direct you to the Joomla docs which describe how to do it. With Joomla 3.4 it is all done very easily in the back end.

So once you have the template override created, to move the 'issue type' to the first position, you would move lines 268->271 which are:
<div class="formelm">
             <?php echo $this->form->getLabel('issue_type'); ?>
             <?php echo $this->form->getInput('issue_type'); ?>
         </div>

to before line 158.

If you want more details let me know as it id difficult to 'pitch' this answer based upon very little knowledge of your familiarity with Joomla.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: orsteglasy

8 years 10 months ago #9 by orsteglasy
Hi Geoff,

Thanks again, based on your helpful pointers I could google out the rest and fix everything except one final minor thing:
I reach the issue list component from a menu item. In the menu item List Filter Options I switched off all filters including the project filter. All of them are hidden except the project filter. How can I hide that too (and just display all issues from all projects)?

Thanks again,
O.

ps.
Great component, I find it really valuable!

8 years 10 months ago #10 by geoffc
Glad my instructions worked out fine.

Ahh the project filter. This was added at client request and only shows when more than one project is in the displayed list. Perhaps it should also be a option for the next update.
Anyway this is a one line code fix that needs to be applied.
Create another template override this time for the itissuelist view and edit the default.php template.
On line 79 (currently blank) set the line to be:
$showprojfilt = 0;

This will ensure that it isn't displayed. I haven't specifically tried it but it should work OK.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: orsteglasy

8 years 10 months ago #11 by orsteglasy
Hi Geoff,

Once again, your instructions worked fine!

Thanks for the great support!
O.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisc

8 years 10 months ago #12 by chrisc
Thank you for keeping us updated. We appreciate it.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries