Import data

9 years 1 month ago #1 by fbosset
Import data was created by fbosset
Hi,

I tried to import datas from another ticketing system.

I did it directly by exporting the table it_issues from the joomla database (CSV)

Completed the CSV with Excel, and reimported the datas.

When I display a list of tickets in Joomla, only a part of the tickets are displayed and I don't understand why.

Any idea ?..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Import data
I can think of a number of reasons why the imported data may not all be displayed, but I would be loathe to make any specific suggestions without knowing a lot more about the structure of the data that you are trying to import.

There are a number of different tables in use within Issue Tracker and my suspicion is that not all of the tables have been populated correctly and/or the cross referencing within the tables is incorrect. We use database foreign keys to reduce the table sizes and improved performance and data integrity.

I would suggest that you take a look at the Issue tracker table structure as described in the Design manual and compare it with the structure of the data you are trying to import. It would then be possible to get a better understanding of of which data you need to 'modify' to get it to work within Issue Tracker.

I would suggest looking at the project table first, then the people table, and the other support tables such as types, statuses etc. before you attempt the issue data itself.

Without a lot more details it is not possible to be anything other than generic in this answer. Sorry.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries