Problems with file language

9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by acrocephalus
Hello,
I have translated a language file to Catalan using en-GB as a base (see attached file). I place the file in /language/ca-ES but it seems that it is picked up partially (see www.apnae.org/contacte-amb-nosaltres/inc...gerencies-per-al-web for a partial translation). Also, I cannot find some strings such as those in the dropdown menu or "Attached File", for example. Can you help to translate the form properly?
Thanks,

Dani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Problems with file language
All translations are submitted by third parties free of charge, using Transifex. (See the pages on this site for more details of Transifex). I suggest that you start by looking at the current Catalan translation and then see what is left to be translated. Problems with strings only partially translated may be caused either by the string itself not being translated OR by an invalid construct in the translated file. Typically this would be things like extra double quotes in the file or strings not terminated correctly. This can in some circumstances prevent any of the translated strings from 'showing' or more often only strings that occur later in the language file from 'showing'.

Some of the strings in things like the drop down menu may be present in the back end language file.. The reason is that the front end is actually calling the back end helper files, models etc..in some circumstances. Attachments for example is using the back end models and does not exists in the front end as an entity in its own right.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: acrocephalus

9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by acrocephalus
Hello,
I've enabled the language debugging in the BE and I've seen that the FE file is loaded but not the BE one. In this scenario, the strings encoded in the BE file will be loaded? ALso, I've been looking for the dropdown menus strings (such as enhancement) but I haven't found them. Where are they?? Finally, the debugging has thrown this message:
JROOT/administrator/components/com_issuetracker/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_issuetracker.ini: error(s) a la(es) lĂ­nia(s) 856, 1050, 1051, 1052
However, it doesn't seem to be any error in this lines (see also attached file):
COM_ISSUETRACKER_NO_TABLENAME SPECIFIED="No table name has been specified for the trigger."
COM_ISSURTRACKER_DEFAULT="Random"
COM_ISSUETRACKER_SIMPLE="Simple"
COM_ISSUETRACKER_BASIC="Basic"
Can you help?
Thanks!

Dani

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by geoffc
First things first. The error message from the debugger is very strange because I can't see any problem with those strings either. All the lines in the en_GB file look fine to me syntactically.

When you say that the FE file is loaded I presume that you mean that the ca_ES front end file is loaded. If the BE ca_ES file is not loaded it sounds as if there are some syntax errors in the BE ca_ES files. Even a single error can stop the file from being loaded.

Check the BE ca_ES file around line 1148 and the string COM_ISSUETRACKER_NO_EMAIL_ADDRESSES_MSG which was wrong in an earlier build. If it is wrong on your version I would suggest you download the language file again from our site. The reason is that they were rebuild the other day ready for the next 1.6.7 release and a few malformed strings were corrected. The above line is not translated because it was in error in the latest build. Alternatively correct the string or comment it out in the file.

Re the string 'ENHANCEMENT, 'DEFECT' etc. These are not strings per se, and hence are not in the language files. Instead they are generated as a result of the entries in the types table in this case. In the BE go to the 'Types' and edit the entries directly changing the text as required. Your entered changes as will be then be picked up in the menus.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by geoffc
I knew if I stared at it long enough I might see something. The lines (856 and 1050) in the en_GB file have missing underscore characters in the 'string' name. I have corrected them in the source so they will get updated shortly. They should not stop the ca_ES file from being loaded though.

These types of errors are annoying since they are difficult to spot sometimes. I also see than an earlier edit I made never got posted for some reason. The string COM_ISSURTRACKER_DEFAULT is mis-spelt it should be COM_ISSUETRACKER_DEFAULT but this is not a syntax error. Again corrected in the source and ready for the next 1.6.7 release.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: acrocephalus

9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by acrocephalus
Thanks, I've got the point. Regarding the dropdown menus strings (such as enhancement), how can I choose which one show according to the language code?

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries