Unable to install language file

9 years 1 month ago #1 by the_ccm
Hi,
I just installed issue tracker and also French zip file on joomla 2.5.27 but nothing is translated, it stays in English either in frontend or backend. Does I have to change a setting somewhere ? 'Couldn't find any option related to language.

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #2 by chrisc
There are no parameters to set. The translations should be automatically picked up once the issue tracker language zip file is installed (assuming that the Joomla FR language is also installed of course.) .

If the files are installed, and you can check whether the issuetracker files exist in the (two) language fr_FR (?) directories.
The fact that nothing is translated would seem to indicate that there might be a mistake in the language files. I am not familiar with French as a language, and the files are automatically generated from translation submitted by third parties, but I may be able to find a mistake. Often something like extra double quote marks.

I'll take a look and see if I can find anything.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by chrisc
I have looked in the front end language fr_FR.com_issuetracker.ini and line 369 is incorrect in that it is missing a double quote on the end, This could be all that is wrong.

Could you try adding the double quote on the end of the line, or removing the line and then seeing if the front end strings appear in French?

If it fixes the problem I can change the source on Transifex.

I will also look in the back end language file to see if I can see anything wrong, but that is a little bigger so may take a while.

Extra: Line 1148 has the same problem in the admin language file. fr_FR.com_issuetracker.ini.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_ccm

9 years 1 month ago #4 by the_ccm
Hello Cris,

thanks for your help you really did help me. I changed the 2 files and now both frontend and admin are translated.

wonderful :)

9 years 1 month ago #5 by chrisc
You are welcome. I will update the source when I finish some work on an update.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries