SQL Error on Front End after Submitting New Issue

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by geoffc
I have packaged up a dev version and placed it in the download area. You need to log in to access it.

It fixes the problems identified with the first record save with alternative alias formats. It also implements a change to the user sync when a new user is created in Joomla by using the default notification flag to set the notify setting in the user profile.

It works for my tests, yours of course may, but hopefully not may differ,

If it does work then this will close this forum post.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #8 by mronayne
I downloaded and installed your latest working version. I then Trashed and then Deleted all existing Issues.
When I created the first new issue I got the following again:

1064 Error - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `gbo82_it_progress` WHERE issue_id =

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by geoffc
That's strange I certainly didn't see that in my test. I will look at it again tomorrow to
see if I missed anything. I certainly ran my tests on the dev version.

Update: I know what I have done, I need to make a change in a place I overlooked. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #10 by geoffc
Well that was interesting. Seems I have found a small Joomla bug as well, or at least a peculiarity.

I have updated the dev zip file, so if you want to have a try. This also includes the custom fields ACL change and one other minor change. See change log once you have installed it for details.

If does NOT contain any change for the custom field in an email template code..

Regards
Geoff

9 years 1 month ago #11 by mronayne
This latest release fixed this problem for me. I've tested it a number of times by emptying the Issue table and creating new issues on the FE. No more SQL Errors. This issue is closed as far as I am concerned.

Regards,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries