Not receiving email notifications

9 years 2 months ago #7 by mronayne
I can easily run the needed SQL update on my DB... just wanted to be sure first that there wasn't a better way that I might have missed.

As far as the Custom Fields go - yes, my thought was that it would be nice to be able to include a unique tag associated with a defined custom field that would be replaced with the value set in the associated issue record when an email got triggered.

My use case is simple:
1. A user creates an "issue" requesting replacement/return of a purchased product.
2. An admin receives notice, logs in and updates the issue record, adding in a new, unique RMA # (custom field) and updating the status to "RMA Issued"
3. An Issue "update" notice is sent to the creator/originator that now included their newly issued RMA #.

I realize that managing an RMA process isn't really what Issue Tacker was designed for but with a few tweaks here and there it might work quite well in this situation?

Another thing I noticed, I created a Custom Field for the RMA # and assigned it an Access level of "Special" with the assumption that this would hide this field from the normal "Registered" user when they created a new Issue. However this is not the case. The field is made available to the Registered user and they are allowed to add a value even though the Access level si set to "Special". Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #8 by geoffc
Thank you for confirming the custom field usage I will look at making a small change tomorrow.

Let me think about the 'Access' level on the Special custom field. It was not something that was thought about but I think we could come up with something.

Update:
The change to using a custom field in an email template is best treated as an enhancement request. I can think of a way to do it, but to do it properly means that I have to handle all the various custom field types. This is not something that is a two minute job unfortunately.

The Access level check on the custom fields is some missing logic that I need to apply and will be the task I handle next. May not finish it today.

The change for the user sync is in the dev version in the download area.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by geoffc
Completed changes for checks upon custom field access controls.

Preliminary testing is working, now for a more complete test, using multiple groups with multiple custom fields and varying access levels.

For readers not familiar with the 'Special access level': The special access level is for the back end of the site. Everything in the site’s administration panel is assigned to the special access level so it is accessible only to the users who have access to it. Since this access level controls access to the back end of the site, it should not be changed under any circumstances or you risk losing access to the site’s administration area.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago #10 by mronayne
Let me clarify what I was hoping for relative to Custom Field "Access" level.
I created a Custom Field Group named "RMA Request"
I then created 2 custom fields in that group "Cejay Order Number" and "RMA Number"
I see the Access level on Cejay Order Number to "Public" and the Access level on RMA Number to "Special".
I created a Menu item on my public site called "Request a Return" and tied it to Issue Tracker >> Form".
When a registered user selects that menu item they are presented with a simple form to enter "Summary", "Description" and "Cejay Order Number". This is where the "Access" level isn't quite working - in my opinion.

At the moment, this form displays the "RMA Number" field and allows the user to enter a value into it. This is not my intent. I was hoping that because of the Access level of "Special" this field would not be shown, or at a minimum, disabled. In Joomla the "Access" level of things usually hides items from users that do not have the Access level (or greater) defined on a specific item.

The latest working download doesn't address this problem on the front-end yet.

Regards,
Mike

9 years 2 months ago #11 by geoffc
You are a little ahead of me, I haven't finished my testing on the access levels yet so they would not be in the dev release yet. See the changelog (control panel) for the changes in the dev release.

I expect to update the dev release tomorrow but I may delay it depending upon the testing of the custom fields in the email notifications change which is also underway.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago #12 by geoffc
I have updated the dev zip file with the change for the custom field access which seems to do what you desire.

It does not contain any code for custom fields in the email template.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries