Not receiving email notifications

9 years 2 months ago #13 by mronayne
Thank you for your rapid response to this... Greatly appreciated!
The fix for the custom field access level worked for me. The fields I don't want shown to the general user are now hidden as expected.

Regards,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #14 by geoffc
Thank you for the update.

The change to use custom fields in the email templates is being tested. Basically one would place a tag in the email template such as [CFIELDx] where x is the id (number) of the custom field. When discovered the tag in the template is replaced with the 'field name' followed by a colon, a space and then the specified field value. Could omit the field name but would save the admin typing if in each template.

If the CF is a header only the field name is displayed.

No decided what (if anything) to do if an invalid CF field id is specified. Could blank it out or just leave it up to the admin to correct the email template. Only CF id associated with the project are possible anyway.

As an example of the output in the email:
===
Product Details [This is a cf header field]

Database Type: MySQL [This is a cf radio field]

Database Version: any [This is a cf text field.]

DDDDD: 2015-02-19 [This is a cf radio field]

EEEE: Second [This is a checkbox field - multiple selection. Note it splits over the line.]
Third

[CFIELD10] [Invalid id on field specified in template. - template output as plain text.]

Select: BBBBB [This is a cf select field]
===

Thinking how best to handle the multiple field select splitting over a line currently.
All being well will place a new dev file up tomorrow for you to test, unless you can see any flaw in the above.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago #15 by mronayne
:) I've tested the custom fields - at least my 2 fields - in the email templates and they are working perfectly for me.
Thank you for this feature!
Regards,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 2 months ago #16 by geoffc
You are welcome. I have tested it out extensively and think that the feature is 'solid'.
I will mark this topic as resolved.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries