SQL error when installing Issue Tracker.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by brazitec
I am having the same error Table 'ncobug_jmln1.w6xwy_it_people' doesn't exist SQL=select count(*) from w6xwy_it_people where registered = '1'

tried installing all 1.6.5 and also 1.6.6 i cleaned out the tables in each install and still get the error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #8 by brazitec
ok
You have to delete the language files as well to do a clean install.
I did that and reinstated and know it installed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 2 months ago #9 by geoffc
Thank you for that piece of information. We have never had cause to remove the language files when an install has gone wrong, but that may be because we tend to use the en-GB as our standard. As we said in an earlier post, the items we removed were incomplete but were sufficient in the specific case.

I think that it might be worth while our writing a general uninstall procedure for when things go wrong. We have a specific FAQ item for an Issue Tracker 'forced' uninstall, but based on only our own experiences things go wrong with the Joomla installer on a number of difference components not just our own.

One tries to catch as many possible situations in a component install/uninstall script but if the Joomla suppled libraries/routines do not provide the relevant information, one is forced into writing more complex code just to handle all situations. This is why the install/uninstall script just keep getting bigger.

Thank you once again for the update.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 1 month ago #10 by pamjmul
Hi,

I had the same issue. Deleted all the tables and installed 1.6.6. Installed now with no problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 1 month ago #11 by geoffc
Thats enought confirmation that the fix works. I have now released the official 1.6.6 release.

That you for taking the time and letting us kniw.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries