SQL error when installing Issue Tracker.

9 years 2 months ago #1 by Puddin
I haven't played around with joomla since 1.5 so it has been a while since I have had my hands dirty. Please forgive me if this is an easy issue to figure out but by guessing by the other forum posts it isn't.

The error I'mm getting is:
Table 'joomladb.cu6jc_it_people' doesn't exist SQL=select count(*) from cu6jc_it_people where registered = '1'

I have uninstalled and removed any latent folders and tried to install 1.6.4 to no avail as I received the same message. I didn't see any SQL entries especially not the #_it_people table. This is a new install of joomla of 3.3.6 with SQL version 5.5.39

It seems others have been able to still get it working despite this install error but I haven't been able to figure out how looking through the current forum posts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #2 by geoffc
Forgive the brevity of this answer I am on a phone. I think the problem sounds like the key length problem, which would explain what you are seeing with 1.6.4 & 1.6.5. Login into the site and in the download area under Issue tracker DEV area is an early 1.6.6 version which should install correctly if my suspicions are correct. Let me know either way, and if necessary I will look into it more.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago #3 by Puddin
I tried 1.6.6 and it gave the same error.This is simply a test build on a test bench machine that I am working on and is hosted locally but I can give you the creds and Setup my port forwarding as needed to let you take a look if it would help you find out what is causing it.

There isn't really any other error info to give but I would be happy to post any other you would need.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by geoffc
I am wondering whether the component was 'fully' uninstalled when you tried it. Without seeing the actual install messages I am going to take a guess upon the problem. Certainly I can imagine a situation that would explain what you are observing.

I think that even though you told Joomla to uninstall the component, it didn't. Hence when you tried and re-installed there are some 'old' relics left behind. Hence the same message re-occuring.

I suggest the following.

Try uninstall again so we know where we are.

Then using MyphpAdmin check if any of the '#__it_******' tables exist in the database. If they do remove them. [Depending on the order of removal you may have to play with this a little.) Also check in the '#__extenstions' table for any issuetracker entries. These will probably be at the end of the table. If present (expected) remove them. i.e. delete the rows.

Then in the file system, remove the directories /administrator/components/com_issuetracker and /site/components/com_issuetracker and all their contents if they exist.

Now try and install the 1.6.6 dev release again. This should now work.

Aside: Strictly speaking the above removal is incomplete but should suffice for our purpose.

If the above doesn't work for some reason to enable me to check out your install, I would need access to the Joomla admin, FTP (to access the file system) and also access to the underlying database (MyPHPAdmin). Do not post this information in the forum, instead mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puddin

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by Puddin
If I would have stopped and thought about it for a second I should have figured out that the #_it_**** were all for IT tracker. There were 7 or 8 entries that I removed from the database. I also removed the specified files as both were present in the /site and /administrator. This was after the last uninstall as well.

Either way the install of 1.6.6 went smoothly and installed with no errors. I am now setting it up and learning how to use it. I do have some other questions but I will start another topic if I can't figure it out.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast and resolving my issue. If anyone is having this issue then give the before mentioned steps a go and see if that works. If I end up using this in the final build I'll be sure to drop some love in the donation box to help keep the great level of support up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by geoffc
Glad you have got it up and running.

The basic problem (I think) is that your database is set up such that there is a limit (767) bytes on a database key. This caused the initial install (1.6.4) to fail. After that point because the uninstall left 'remnants' behind, you kept getting the same error. This is the main point about the recent forum entries on Key length. Once the 'remnants' were cleaned up the 1.6.6 dev install would work correctly.

The reason the 1.6.6 would work is because it has limited the size of the KEY such that it is below 767 bytes. Unfortunately the Joomla installer doesn't give a clear idea of the problem just a message that a table doesn't exist. I have left the official 1.6.6 release until this nasty little bug was completely resolved, which I think it probably is now.

Don't forget to look in our online documentation available as web pages and as a downloadable PDF file, as well as our FAQ. They should cover most (all?) of any questions that you might have.

Thank you for letting us know that it is now running fine on your test site..

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries