MySQL version, Key lengths and Issue Tracker

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #13 by NF
Okay, install it on a fresh new Joomla 3.3.6 with a new database works. There is only an error on the creation of database triggers, see the print-screen attached.

So I think it has nothing to do with the current SQL/PHP/Joomla version and also your software and script are working correcty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #14 by geoffc
Cannot see the screen print, but suspect that Trigger creation error is caused by the database privileges granted to the Joomla user. This should have been picked up by the install script file and a message on teh screen displayed to this effect. These can be ignored if 'auditing' is not that important. The triggers are a 'catch all' in case something is changed outside of Joomla. i.e. at the myphpadmin level.

So to summarise where we are at.

A fresh install works fine on a new Joomla install.

This then raises the question as to why it didn't install on an existing Joomla instance. After all this would (presumably) be using the same database and Joomla versions. There shouldn't be any interaction with other components. Is it perhaps some setting difference between the two?

Its good that the install worked this time, which seems to indicate that the zip file is reasonable to fine. I presume this is the 1.6.6 pre-release or the official 1.6.5 release?

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #15 by NF
I cannot get an attachement to this ticket. After I Add File and then put on the insert button it is putting something like "
<attachment:1]IT_cleanInstall.PNG[/attachment>" in my ticket. However after a submit that line is removed and nothing is attached.

But, you are right about the database privileges message.

I did a 1.6.6 (working.zip) installation. On exact the same sql and php environment. The only difference I can come up with is:
- there is much more content in the original database
- the original database is updated in the last past years

I am not aware of any general change on the original database but maybe some extensions did.

As soon as I know more I will inform you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 2 months ago #16 by geoffc
The attachment to the post could be a size problem. It should work but is probably a Kunena setting somewhere.

The amount of content in the DB should not impact the install. After all we are only adding a few tables and very little 'new' data. Much more likely is that something has modified the original database in some way not yet determined.

Other component shouldn't change the database settings, something I take great care about, but perhaps not all are as careful.

It would be nice to get to the bottom of the problem. I do hate mysteries, but it may be a long haul. Please let us know if you find anything. I am aware of at least one other install that failed, but have no further details of that one either.

I think the SQL in the 1.6.6 zip file is sound, as you and our tests have worked, but because it has failed at least once in your situation it obviously makes us wonder a little.

Thank you once again for your reporting and work in trying to resolve this.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #17 by [KenK]
Greetings,

I am having this same issue while attempting to install Issue Tracker in my Joomla! 3.3.6 installation.

My first error was on #__it_people but seeing the DDL for that in this thread I created it myself. Then I attempted to perform the Issuetracker_1_6_5.zip install again and proceded to fail with:

1146 Table 'xxxxxxxx_xxxDB.DevTB_it_issues' doesn't exist SQL=UPDATE DevTB_it_people SET staff = 1 WHERE user_id IN (SELECT distinct assigned_to_person_id FROM DevTB_it_issues)

Joomla! 3.3.6
Issue Tracker 1.6.5
PHP 5.5.17

I have tried Uninstall plus manual deletes of remaining folders/objects, but retry lands me in the same place. Will provide credentials if necessary to diagnose. Any ideas? Thank you.

Ken

Edit: I clearly did NOT read the entire thread when I posted my plea for help. On finally reading the entire initial post and some of the rest I deleted everything manually and tried the Development Issue Tracker 1.6. This DID resolve the issue for me and I eagerly await its release as stable.

Thanks very much for the obvious dedication and responsiveness of the developer!

Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

9 years 2 months ago #18 by geoffc
Thank you for your information. This is helpful since it seems to give the 'dev' release a 'cleaner' bill of health. The official 1.6.5 failed, yet an install of 1.6.6 (dev) worked after any trace of the 'old' 1.6.5 release had been removed.

The 1.6.5 install failing is possibly/probably the 'key length problem', and reinstalls would show the problem you were experiencing. The hope/aim was that 1.6.6. would resolve this, which your post seems to confirm it has done.

To be clear the install problem only impacts a few sites where the 'key length' is limited, due either to MySQL versions or the specific MySQL database configuration. I am aware of less than half a dozen sites with this type of setup, but that is in my book, half a dozen too many, hence teh effort to 'fix' it. Your post has assisted us in this aim.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries