a few questions about custom fields

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #13 by chrisc
I am having a little dificultly reproducing this. So far I have tried creating a issue with a single menu 'project' item and it saves against the corrrect project. This is irrespective of whether I show the project drop list in the issue create form. Editing it doesn't seem to change the project either.

I am not convinced that it is the 'custom fields' that are wrong, as they are I think a consequence of something more fundamental. The CFs display based upon the 'project' selected.

If there is only one 'project' in the menu list why would you necessarily wish to display the project selection criteria?
I have tried with more than one 'project' in the selection list and the correct one is (always) used when the issue is saved.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #14 by chrisc
I think I may have managed to reproduce it. Or at least one specific case.

If there is more than one project in the drop down list then there is a 'Select project' option in the drop down list.
If I am editing and I display the project drop down list and specifically select 'Select project', even though the 'original' project is correct, when I save it the 'default' is used.

Can't reproduce for a single project menu create yet or a edit when there is only one project in the list..

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #15 by chrisc
I have carried out a number of tests with the following results.
If I have a 'create' menu item with only one possible project in the menu item:
a) The project drop list only displays the specified project. The user has no opportunity to change the project to anything else. When saved the 'defined project' is assigned for the new issue.
If the user chooses to edit the issue immediately then they are still presented with only that one project, and they have no option to change it. Saving retains the same specified project.
b) When a menu item only has one identified project there is no option 'select project' presented.
c) Whether the project drop down is shown or not doesn't impact the above results.

I have not tested editing the issue from a issue list item, so results then may be different. This is as close as I can get to the problem you have described currently.

If I edit an existing issue, which has an already determined project AND there is more than one possible projects in the drop down list AND the user decides to change the project to the 'Select a project' option in the drop down list:
a) the default project is assigned on the issue save.

This is incorrect and reveals a logic error on the save. Instead I have changed the code (a fix) such that the 'originally defined project for this specific issue (which has to be present since we are editing the issue) will be retained for the issue on the save.

I have also identified a small problem where on a 'new' issue creation where there is more than one possible projects in the project drop down, AND the default project displayed has custom fields AND the user chooses to change the 'project' to 'Select an project' option then the form validation complains about undefined custom fields. It then requires the user to change the project back to its original value and for the custom fields to be completed and for them then to change the selected project before the save will work. I have not worked out a solution to this yet.

However neither of the above two problems quite match the problem you have described. You mention that it only occurs when there is only one possible project in the menu item. In this case the user should not be able to select another project or the 'Select a project' option, since that should not be present in the drop down list. Are you seeing more than the specified project in the menu item being displayed?

Regards

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #16 by rapasae
Many thanks for your interest and work chrisc.
Perhaps could be easy to explain with images.

Image issue1.jpg corresponds to a form for are project with custom fields,. Form is created from a menu. In the menu options is selected just one project.
Image issue2.jpg is the result when i save the issue, custom fields are belong to default project and you can see "divorcios " (the name of default project).

Image issue3.jpg corresponds to the same form for the project with custom fields, Form is created from a menu. In the menu options is selected just one project, but dropdown menu for details/project is shown.
you can see also the result for this form, and everything is OK.
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #17 by geoffc
The problem (as seen on your) site is caused by the issue edit not returning the details of the project to the store routine upon the save. Since it was empty it was using the default project as anticipated. I have modified the store method to add an additional check, and for an existing issue, which is true for the edit, it will retain the original project details on the save, if it is empty.

This change is part of the 1.6.5. release.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 4 months ago #18 by chrisc
The release 1.6.5 has been modified to add custom fields as an additional field type. This topic can therefore be considered resolved.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries