Translate e-mails

9 years 5 months ago #1 by marekbuban
Translate e-mails was created by marekbuban
Hello,

I'm working on issue tracker translation and I'm almost done with translation of front end screens. My question is: how can I translate e-mail messages? I found some strings in database, should I change it in MySQL directly?

Thank you,
Marek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #2 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Translate e-mails
I presume that you mean the actual text that is specified in the email messages.

The current suggested methid is to go into the back end and change the email templates themselves.

Do NOT change the email type (i.e. ass_new etc.) as these are used to determine the template to use in the email. You can however change any of the text in the message body. The tags (items within square brackets) are used to extract the information from the specific issue, so leave these tag strings alone, but all other free text can be modified.

In a planned later enhancement of Issue Tracker we will be implementing multilanguage handling, so it will be possible to have templates in different langauges, but this is a way off yet,

I presume you are aware of our existing translations of Issue Tracker, and our use of Transifex, and you might want to consider making it available for our other users.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: marekbuban

9 years 5 months ago #3 by marekbuban
Replied by marekbuban on topic Translate e-mails
Hi chrisc,

yes, I mean a translation of text in the email messages. I somehow missed the tab in the back end.Thanks for the hint.

Regarding the transifex, I'm translating Issue Tracker to Slovak language which is not available in Transifex. Of course I would like to share it with others. I just created accouont and found Issue Tracker project, but can you please tell me, how can i post a translation?
Thank you,

Marek

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #4 by chrisc
There are a few articles upon my site under Joomla->External Translation that provide more details of the translations. I believe there are also a few 'old' blog posts upon the subject as well.

If you would like I can arrange for an email to be sent from Transifex inviting you to the language group?

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #5 by chrisc
I have looked at Transifex and now realise what you meant about the translation not existing. I have created the new language translation structure and sent you an invite.

Regards

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #6 by marekbuban
Replied by marekbuban on topic Translate e-mails
Thank you, I think i will have some time during the upcoming weeknd to post some translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisc

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries