Ordering and Linking options...

9 years 5 months ago #1 by brett.zamora
Hi...

On the front-end issue list, can I change the order of the fields? I would like to use the Issue number (issue_id) as the first column in the list and link to that instead of having the issue summary field be the first field and having that linked.

Is this possible. I've looked and cannot seem to see a configuration option for this.

Thanks,

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #2 by chrisc
There isn't a configuration option for the order in which the fields are displayed (across the screen) in the front end list view.

The best way to do this is to create a template override for the specific issue list view and change the 'default.php' file by moving the various fields about.

I am not sure how confident you are with performing this action, but it is relatively easy to. There are several articles on the Joomla doc site that describe how to create a template override so I will not reproduce it here. Basically you would need to a) move the specific ID header in the 'head' section, and b) the id data field in the 'body' section. If you make a mistake in the override, you can just start again since you are would be working on a 'copy' of the original file. One just changes it until one gets the result one desires.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 5 months ago #3 by brett.zamora
Hi Chris... thanks for the guidance. I'll take this approach. I didn't want to start down this path if I had missed something somewhere else.

Thanks,

Brett

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #4 by brett.zamora
Chris...

Thanks for your assistance with this. I used your suggestions and I'm very happy with the results.

Brett

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries