Can Issue List filter fields be placed horizontal?

9 years 5 months ago #1 by brett.zamora
Hi...

I have the Issue List filter fields enabled on the front end and when they are displayed they take 5 rows of space on the screen. Everything to the left of them is blank empty space. Is there a way I can cause the filter fields to be arranged horizontally? I would like them to use 1 row and sit just above the heading row of the Issue List.

Thanks,

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #2 by chrisc
The filter usually line themselves up but it depends very much upon the site template and the rules CCS that it uses.

On the sample 'protostar' template they tend to fall into a columns since there isn't a lot of space to have them in a row. On our site where we have a better width they show as a line.

You mention that there is some space on the Right hand side of the screen, so if you can provide me with a link which I can look at, it should be possible to create a CSS rule to specifically change it for your site.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 5 months ago #3 by brett.zamora
Forwarded a link via e-mail. I'm only going to leave the Support link open to the public for a day. I normally have that hidden behind the login process.

Thanks,

Brett

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #4 by chrisc
As suspected it is caused by the settings in your template.css file.

What I suggest is that you create a template override for the issue list default.php file and make the following changes In the file just after line 109 immediately before the </style> line.

label {
display: inline !important;
margin-bottom: 5px;
}

This will line up the filters as requested.

I also do not particularly like the way you template has bunched up the columns in the table. The following CSS will help clean this up. You will probably want to tinker with it a little to get an ideal result but it will give you a starting point.

table.adminlist
{
border-top-width: medium;
border-right-width-value: medium;
border-bottom-width: medium;
border-left-width-value: medium;
border-top-style: none;
border-right-style-value: none;
border-bottom-style: none;
border-left-style-value: none;
border-image-source: none;
border-image-slice: 100% 100% 100% 100%;
border-image-width: 1 1 1 1;
border-image-outset: 0 0 0 0;
border-image-repeat: stretch stretch;
font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif;
font-style: normal;
font-variant: normal;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 0.9em;
line-height: 1.2em;
font-size-adjust: none;
font-stretch: normal;
width: 100%;
table-layout: fixed;
}

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 5 months ago #5 by brett.zamora
Thanks again Chris. The override sounds like the best approach. I'll post results once I make my updates. Probably tomorrow.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #6 by brett.zamora
Chris... thanks for your assistance. Your suggestions worked perfectly!!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries