Access Problem

9 years 7 months ago #1 by allanbeth
Access Problem was created by allanbeth
Hi,

Hope you can help.

I have set up IT to allow registered users to save issues, this works fine except for the fact that all the issues are saved with an access of 'Guest'. this means that none of the issues are listed on the users page unless i go into the back end and change the access manually.

So my question is how do i get the system to save the access as registered when a registered user adds a new issue.

Im not sure if im being stupid and just doing something wrong with the settings

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Access Problem
This sounds wrong. We have not seen this behaviour (or had it reported before) so I am a little puzzled at the moment, I will look into it and see if I can find any reason why it should be saving the access as 'Guest', Its not a hard coded value, so it must be picking it up from somewhere, just not sure where until I look into it. I am assuming that this is Joomla 3.x, since that access class did not exist as standard in Joomla 2.5.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 7 months ago #3 by allanbeth
Replied by allanbeth on topic Access Problem
Hi

Thanks for your reply, i am using Joomla 2.5 not 3.

Thanks

9 years 7 months ago #4 by geoffc
I am starting to think that this may be related to the way in which you have introduced the 'Guest' access group into Joomla 2.5.

I have tried replicating the problem without any luck and the component doesn't perform any specific actions upon the users access group when an issue is saved. It just uses the standard core routines.

It might be interesting to look at the Users settings in the back end and look specifically at their defined user groups. For a registered user I would expect the access group to be 'Registered' but it sounds as if somehow it might be set to 'Guest'. I would not expect them to have 'guest' as one of their assigned groups. Also look at the com_users configuration settings they may need modification.

I will keep looking but I am finding it difficult to see that it is a specific Issue Tracker component error.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #5 by geoffc
I can understand why you need to change issue access group to 'registered' or even 'public' since 'guest' is not one of the standard groups. Even in Joomla 3.x where it is standard it may not necessarily have a 'standard' id number thus complicating any fix to add the group into the view query.

I can think of one situation where the group might be set to 'Guest' which would be where the issue is raised by a 'guest' user on the front end. i.e. not logged in. This is not quite the same situation as you described where the issues are raised by 'logged in users however. Perhaps we need to specifically set it on the save.

Update: No on a save the access group for a 'guest' user is set to 'public'. Puzzled! :huh:

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries