Position of radio buttons when creating new issue

9 years 7 months ago #1 by crimle
In the frontend create a new issue. Scroll down to the "Details" section. You will find two radio buttons for the customer to select whether the visibility of the issue should be public or private. The alignment is somehow ugly in my opinion. You may have a look here. www.rimle.ch/support-service/neues-support-ticket. One of the radio buttons is outside the frame and the vertical spacing is different from the other elements.

I would like to suggest using a pulldown menu here as well. The form would look more homogeneous that way. What do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #2 by chrisc
I know that there were a few CSS formatting 'opportunities' with the display of radio buttons, and I agree that this is an area worth looking at with a view to changing it. A dropdown list is one option and I will take a look at a quick fix for you. A longer term fix wil involve checking out with non Bootstrap based templates as well and may take a bit longer. Cannot guarantee that I will be able to look at it until Monday however.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 7 months ago #3 by crimle
Oh you are extraordinarily swift. I just checked the radio buttons on an iPhone. There is only one :-). On an iPad it is ugly but at least there are two radio buttons.

By the way: I don't like the superfluous gap between the summary and the descripion. See www.rimle.ch/support-service/neues-support-ticket. Do you have an idea for an improvement here (until Wednesday for my sake :-) ?

9 years 7 months ago #4 by chrisc
Not had time to look at the radio buttons yet.

The gap between the summary and the description is easy to resolve (at least for your site). I like the easy ones. :)

For some reason that I am not currently aware of there are a few line breaks in the form which you can remove to remove/shorten the gap. I would not necessarily recommend this for all sites, since there must be some specific reason they were included. I will have to check with Geoffc.

Edit the file site/components/com_issuetracker/views/form/tmpl/edit.php and on line 153 you will see the following:
<br /><br /><br />

Remove one, two or all three tags and check to see how it looks on your site.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #5 by chrisc
Re the radio buttons. I think that we are seeing CSS problems with the Bootstrap template that really need addressing, but this quick fix should resolve it for you until we get a bit more time to investigate further.

Edit the file site/components/com_issuetracker/views/form/view.html.php.

Comment out lines 146 and 154 so they look like the following:
//            $this->form->setFieldAttribute('public', 'type',     'radio');

i.e We have added the double slashes at the start of the line(s)

There is also an edit probably required in file site/components/com_issuetracker/views/form/tmpl/edit.php

After line 201 add the line:
<div class="clearfix"> </div>

This will be immediately before the php endif statement. It corrects the line up of the identification date label.

Regards

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #6 by crimle
I'm excited. I removed all three <br /><br /><br /> and it looks very good now.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries