Language de-DE nok in Frontend

9 years 8 months ago #1 by crimle
Thank you for this great extension. I have the following issue:
After installing the de-DE language pack, the backend is in German, but the Frontend still displays in English.

I find it bewildering that there ar some language files here:
language/en-GB resp. language/de-DE

and also here:
components/com_issuetracker/language/en-GB resp. components/com_issuetracker/language/de-DE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by geoffc
I will take a look at the language pack. These are created automatically from the files submitted by our users so I am not that familiar with this specific language pack. I would expect the langauge files to be in the language/de-DE directory and named similar to de-DE.com_issuetracker.ini etc.

I will have a look as see if I can find anything amiss with the installer.

Update: Just checked the installer and it certainly doesn't look as if it would install in the en-GB directory. Would need to load up a Joomla instance with a de-DE langauge pack installed to check it further. Will not be able to look at it until tomorrow.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #3 by geoffc
Have installed the german language pack without any problems. All the front end language files have been created in the language/de-DE directory as expected. No de-DE files were created in the en-GB directory.

However I also note that the specific Issue Tracker strings appear in English despite changing the default to de-DE. Investigating further.

PS I noted that you had submitted some revised translation strings to Transifex. Thank you.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #4 by geoffc
Found it. There is a syntax error in the de-DE com_issuetracker.ini file.

Line 257 string COM_ISSUETRACKER_FILE_MAX_EXCEEDED_MSG has a colon (;) at the end of the line instead of a double quote (").

Changing the offending character resolves the problem and all language translations are then shown.

If you could make the change onTransifex as well for me that will help and then I can regenerate the zip file for the translation upon my site.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #5 by crimle
I wasn't able to find that string on Transifex. But I could resolve the issue on my website according to your hint. Nevertheless, I will do some more translations for your project on Transifex.

9 years 8 months ago #6 by geoffc
Thanks for the update, I will mark the topic as resolved.

I will take a look in Transifex and see if I can find (and change) the string. Then I will regenerate the zip file with all the latest changes.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries