Type Unable to hide in Issue List

9 years 9 months ago #1 by secloo
Hi,

I noticed that all except "Type" cannot be hidden in the Issue List.
Is it intentionally?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #2 by chrisc
To be honest never had the need or request to hide it. There comes a stage where one can have too many options (of course) and this one was never implemented. Is there a requirement to hide it?

It would be relatively easy to do. Only a few lines of code, but to date it is a field that is always(?) shown. If required it could be added to 1.6.3 very easily.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: secloo

9 years 9 months ago #3 by secloo
Hi Chrisc,

Yeah.. Can we have it, if yes it would be much appreciated.
As I have made Project as my "Type" of support. This is because when I click "Hardware Support" or "Software Support" I can trigger the list of hardware/Software to appear under Custom Field Group.

Thus it will take up redundant space to display the actual "Type" field on the screen.

BTW, is there a way to control the width of the column? Is it under CSS file?

Thank you.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by chrisc
I will look at implementing the option later today.

Re the column widths in the tables. You are correct it is controlled via the CSS. Basically the table is defined as table-layout :auto in the CSS. This means that it 'automatically' adjusts based upon cell contents. One can change it to 'fixed'. You might want to play with it. The effect may or may not be what you want. The next step would be to adjust all the individual column widths so that your contents display nicely. This is something you would consider a template override for as being a better solution.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries