CSS Styling Override

9 years 9 months ago #1 by secloo
CSS Styling Override was created by secloo
Hi,

I am now looking at the Front End List styling.. and was reading the guide under support whereby custom CSS override is possible..

macrotoneconsulting.co.uk/index.php/Exte...etrackerdesign/ch04/

But I am a little confuse on the location of where to edit or add the css files..

Is it under C:\xampp\apps\joomla\htdocs\media\com_issuetracker\css\issuetracker.css

In the guide it says we can choose the example in the "Advance Tab" I have change the default value of adminlist.css to itbluestyle.css but nothing happens..

Kindly help.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic CSS Styling Override
I think you are misreading it.

The definitions for the various styles are defined in the css file in the location you mentioned. You shouldn't need to edit it unless you do not like one or more of the settings.

To use them you need to specify the required style on the menu option itself, which is where you will find the 'Advanced' tab. See attached file image.

If you change the setting remember to flush any system cache that you may have in use, to get the 'old' pages out of the system.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: secloo

9 years 9 months ago #3 by secloo
Replied by secloo on topic CSS Styling Override
Thanks for the help I got it right..
I should remove the .css in the Table CSS class and just enter the name of the class like what you shown me in your attachment.

9 years 9 months ago #4 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic CSS Styling Override
Thats right, we try and keep it simple.

As an aside, the CSS file enables one to 'tweak' settings (or create new ones) to make the display look pretty. It can be quite complex so I would recommend careful reading before you making CSS changes. The Design doc provides a 'new' colour scheme (often called a theme) which could be implemented.

One thing to remember with changes of this nature is that one should really create a template override and make changes there, and in this way when the componnet is updated and changes that you have made are retained, otherwise you end up making them again. The subject of 'overrides' is quite big, but not too difficult and you may find it interesting as learn more and more about Joomla.

I shall mark this thread as resolved.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

9 years 9 months ago #5 by secloo
Replied by secloo on topic CSS Styling Override
Noted and thank you.
I will read the guide on style override and lol... try to understand it.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries