Undefined variable issueItem in Latest Issue List

9 years 8 months ago #1 by secloo
Hi,

Its me again, I have another error..
After I went to the backend and did some option configuration for the frontend list, I have this error display when I click to the latest Issue List page

Notice: Undefined variable: issueItem in C:\xampp\apps\joomla\htdocs\modules\mod_latest_issues\mod_latest_issues.php on line 108

What could be the problem?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #2 by chrisc
I have had a quick look and am surprised since it is obviously an error and must have been there for some time. Its coming from the display of the issue is a popup window. I will investigate further but can only assume nobody has ever used that specific option before, or at least for a very long time since the last change in that module was over twelve months ago.

Whilst I check out the code further, specifically the popup display, you might temporarily want to turn off that specific option in the module.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: secloo

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3 by secloo
Okay, thank you Chrisc.
I will turn it off until further notice.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4 by chrisc
Well I have found the problem. Seems that some time there was a change that resulted in the initialisation of the variable being removed. Unfortunately a side effect is that the issue display in the popup box was the whole page, NOT just the issue details.

Rather than specify the changes here, I will send you a new installable zip containing the module itself.

This works with Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x using the default templates.

I am aware of a potential problem if the front end is using a Bootstrap v3 template which required a specific template override but that should not impact you.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: secloo

9 years 8 months ago #5 by secloo
Thank you very much Chrisc!
I have installed the object and now its working wonderfully with the new options and no more error message display when the pop-up option is enabled.

Once again thanks for the great work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisc

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries