textarea height

9 years 8 months ago #1 by John Murray
textarea height was created by John Murray
what is best way to control this? when we create a ticket - the textarea fields are way too deep, especially on portable devices, tablets, &smartphones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic textarea height
This wouldn't be on Joomla 3.x by any chance? I encountered a few problems with the control of the text box size on Joomla 3.x and in the case I was resolving I changed two routines. Rather than post the changes here I will send then to you via email.

One other thing that you could try is to change the defaults in the file site/components/com_issuetracker/models/forms/itissues.xml file. Look for the apppropriate field and change the 'rows' and 'cols' values. Note that any changes you make would be overridden on a component update and would need to be made again on your site. Look at the definitions of the issue_summary, issue_description fields etc.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 8 months ago #3 by John Murray
Replied by John Murray on topic textarea height
thanks for that! I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the option in the back end?

components | issuetracker | options | general settings tab | use WYSIWYG editor

it makes no difference what I select, I always get the site default editor [MCE]

9 years 8 months ago #4 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic textarea height
The component setting 'use WYSIWYG' merely controls whether a proper editor is used by registered users. It does not control which editor is used. The editor used is dependant upon a) the site default or b) the user specified editor preference.

The two files you were sent impacted the textarea size is that a problem was identified where issue admin and staff could have a situation where part of the code was assuming an editor and part was not. The change fixed that specific problem. It also addressed a problem where 'none' was specified as the editor for the site and for the user. Issue admin and stff generally have a editor by default.

We are not aware of any other problem with the use of an editor, other than perhaps with the use of the editor itself.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries