Printing

10 years 1 week ago #1 by zanc
Printing was created by zanc
I know that is possible print issue from front-end, bet it is possible to create Print page for Back-end? If yes, then it`s possible to make some print layout template witch include custom header, footer and in body display only:
  • Identify by
  • Identified date
  • Summary
  • Description
  • one field of custom fields
I would be grateful for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Printing
Currently we have not implemented any mechanism for printing from the back end. To be honest it has not been reased as a requirement.

The nearest that one can currently acheive is a screen capture, which is not really that useful, especially on Joomla 3.x where the details are spread over several pages.

The whole area of reports is a future enhancement and I will ensure that this request is considered as part of that feature. I would not like to estimate when it will be available, but certainly not any time soon.

I do know that at least one site uses a SQL script to extract the details from the database itself, and then loads it into Excel (or similar) to create custom reports.

There is also currently a 'cron' based script that can generate 'overdue' reports that might serve as a template for possible reports, since that formats them as HTML.

Regards
Geoff

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #3 by zanc
Replied by zanc on topic Printing
Can I get from table #_it_issues custom_fields only one value, example I got 2 custom fields:
  • Customer name
  • Mobile number
can i get only customer name?

10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #4 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Printing
Each 'set' of custom fields for a specific issue, is stored as a single field (as a JSON encoded string) in the issue table. So to get at a single 'element' or value one has to get 'all' of the 'custom fields' from the table for that issue, and then 'decode/extract' the specific field one is intersted in.

Each custom field has its 'own' control, such as published/unpublished, and also specific access group, which is how the display is 'controlled' in the front end. So for example the field value may be 'collected' in the form when editing, but not necessarily displayed in the general issue display.

Assuming that this 'request' is related to the topic title 'Printing' one would extract the field from the table and then 'pick' out the specific custom field from the values returned.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently?

If you are interested in the use of JSON structure in MySQL, the following blog item may (or may not) be interesting.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control
The following user(s) said Thank You: zanc

9 years 11 months ago #5 by zanc
Replied by zanc on topic Printing
Thanks for advise, its really helped to me! Finally i`m create print layout! If somebody wants know how, just write a message.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries