Installed Language (fr-FR), frontend OK, admin KO

10 years 3 months ago #1 by lologougeon
Hi,

I installed Issue Tracker 1.5.1 on Joomla 2.5.17.
Installed fr-FR language for issue tracker, from the zip file provided here :
macrotoneconsulting.co.uk/index.php/joom.../issue-tracker/fr-FR

the frontend now shows up in french, but admin is still all english, despite apparently the .ini files are partially translated for fr-FR.

I even tried to get very latest updates from transifex site, and put these ini files on my server, no luck, admin is still showing up in english.

the admin language is fr-FR, in all other sections (main menu, etc ...) but issue tracker remains in english.

Is there some config step I missed ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by geoffc
Since you successfully have all the front end strings in French, I think we can safely assume that you have not missed any configuration steps, and that the translation pack is installing correctly.

Looking at the admin language files I can see, just as you have mentioned, that the admin pack still has a lot of untranslated strings. In fact only some 40% of the admin .ini file have been translated, although I haven't specifically checked which strings still remain to be done. This is the most likely cause of the symptoms that you see.

Unfortunately I do not speak French and all translations are provided freely by our users.

The file on this site is built using the translated resources on Transifex and may not always fully up to date, since it is a manual process, but is usually within a day or so of teh last change made. I note that you yourself made some additional changes late last night, for which I thnk you, and I am rebuilding the language pack as I write this response which will bring it up to date.

Update: I note that kamass submitted an updated admin ini file about an hour ago so the language pack is now at about 82% complete. Installable zip file on site has been updated to reflect the update.

Regards
Geoff

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by lologougeon
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree few parts of the admin is translated yet (and I will try to help more on this), but I'm pretty sure some translated words are not translated on the admin site.

For example, none of the menu or columns header are in french, but pretty sure they are in the .ini ...

example : Issue No (item 119 apparently), Issue Summary (item 97,107), etc...

very strange....

Activated langage and system debug, and found this :

JROOT/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_issuetracker.ini : erreur(s) ligne(s) 253, 838, 872
JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_issuetracker.ini : erreur(s) ligne(s) 847, 924
JROOT/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_issuetracker.sys.ini : erreur(s) ligne(s) 199, 200, 201

looks like I know where to dig now :D
Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #4 by lologougeon
Hi,

Ok so we face two issues, which prevents fr-FR to run fine in admin :

1 : some keys in en-GB are invalid with some trailing " (double quotes)
2 : translations for these keys have invalid format when downloading ini file from transifex. (no closing " at end of translation)

few examples of bad ini file fr-FR:

COM_ISSUETRACKER_CONFIG_EMAIL_SETTINGS_DESC="Réglages des notifications par email;
COM_ISSUETRACKER_JTRIGGERS_CREATED_BY_ALIAS="Created alias"_QQ_"_txss;
COM_ISSUETRACKER_UPDATE="UPDATE"_QQ_";

Looking to en-GB for these keys we see :
COM_ISSUETRACKER_JTRIGGERS_CREATED_BY_ALIAS="Created alias";
COM_ISSUETRACKER_CONFIG_EMAIL_SETTINGS_DESC="Settings for the email notifications.";
which looks valid (extracted from component installer).
COM_ISSUETRACKER_UPDATE="UPDATE";

there is a trailing ; on each of the failing translations ...

and apparently this makes bad things in transifex itself, as this propagate to other languages (at least fr-FR)

Can you try to fix these 3 values in en-GB ? Then fr-FR might be fixed as well.

other errors are at
COM_ISSUETRACKER_SKIPPING CREATION_DBPROCS_TEXT="Les privilèges de base de données sont insuffisants pour créer des procédures. L'installation des données d'exemple est annulée. Cela signifie malheureusement que les données d'exemple seront indisponibles dans cette installation."
COM_ISSUETRACKER_SKIPPING CREATION_DBTRIG_TEXT="Les privilèges de base de données sont insuffisants pour créer des triggers. Leur création est annulée. Cela signifie que les valeurs de fall-back par défaut au niveau de la base de données n'auront aucune incidence. Ceci ne devrait pas affecter le fonctionnement normal du composant."
COM_ISSUETRACKER_SKIPPING CREATION_DBVIEW_TEXT="Les privilèges de base de données sont insuffisants pour créer des views. Leur création est annulée. Les views sont ou ont été utilisées uniquement par le plugin Finder. Comme elles ne sont pas disponibles, le plugin finder fonctionnera légèrement différemment."

the tags are split in two parts, a _ is missing ...

must be an en-GB issue as well initially...

Let me know when en-GB is fixed so I can try again fr-FR and repair.

Looks much better with fixed .ini (see attachement).
But can't make it official until en-GB is fixed first on transifex.

Best Regards
Laurent
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

10 years 3 months ago #5 by geoffc
Well spotted.

I was thinking myself that there might be one or more 'strange' characters lurking about, and it is usually a double quote.

Never noticed the extra semi colons in the GB translation before and it didn't seem to impact the display in the back end, but then as you say Transifex can sometimes be a bit picky.

I have updated the GB adnin string on Transifex so it is worth correcting the French strings. The strings should definitely not be split across lines.

I wrote a small piece in this article about whats allowed in ini files.

Regards
Geoff

10 years 3 months ago #6 by lologougeon
Hi,

Thanks for fixing en-GB !
Apparently now fr-FR is OK as well, maybe because kamass did two submissions after your fix.

I downloaded ini file from transifex and put it on my website as-is, and fr-FR is OK in admin part.

Will now proceed to 1.5.2 to see if it solves other issue I observed a couple of time.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries