Bad Request - Invalid URL

10 years 3 months ago #7 by darktranslator
Hi Geoff,
I too have some progress to report.
Due to some internal changes we are moving the site to a new server. I have been given access to this server today. It is running Windows server 2012 and IIS8. I have done a clean install of PHP and MySQL via the MS Web Platform Installer and restored a copy of the site to the new server using Akeeba Backup.
When I test the Issue Tracking component I do not get the bad URL error. there must be something funny with the original server configuration that I have, as I am unable to update the Akeeba component on that server but it upgrades fine on the new server.
Regards
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #8 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Bad Request - Invalid URL
Thank you for your update.

I have just finished preparing a specific IIS setup ready to start some tests.

From what you say it is likely that I may not find a problem. Either way I will update this thread.

Be aware of issue ZMON8OZMBE which prevents users updating their issue on the front end. See the Recently Closed Issues sidebar for the link.

Regards
Geoff

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #9 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Bad Request - Invalid URL
Well after much playing about I have managed to replicate your problem on IIS 7.5.

My configuration is IIS 7.5, PHP 5.5.7 and MySQL 5.6.15 all running oon Windows 7, although I suspect that the PHP version and the MYSQL version are not really the cause.

Couldn't get it to fail on Apache just IIS.

Anyway I can now start to think finding the cause and thus fix it.

Perhaps it is not a problem with IIS 8, which might explain why you do not see it on your new server.

Update:
I think I will revert back to some earlier code. In the file site/components/com_issuetracker/views/form/tmpl/edit.php change line 283 to remove the comment marks so that it reads:
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo $this->return_page;?>" />

Also remove lines 284 to 290 inclusive. If you could test it on your system and confirm it would help. Be aware that I need to carry out more tests to ensure that there are no adverse effects of the change.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries