Notification Default for User

10 years 3 months ago #1 by Bavarian
Hello,

I use Issuetracker on my Site for manage Issues and i am very happy.

But i have some questions. here is the first

Where can i change the default Option for sending mails to User on open a new Issue. I mena the Option red marked on the Attachment.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards from Germany

Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by geoffc
In the component options under email settings there are options for controlling whether email is sent and individual options for the various different 'types' of email. i.e. insert, update and/or close.

Be aware that each individual can control whether they receieve email or not and these are recorded in the 'people' tab in the back end. There is a 'notify' flag that by default will be 'off'.

This is described in the manual in more detail.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bavarian

10 years 3 months ago #3 by Bavarian
Thanks for the quick answer, i forgot to tell you that it is the anonymous user who creates the issues and who get no email by default.

i think all of these options are set.

Only the notification option in issuetracker people for anonymous was not activated. but i think this has no relevance because if i create an issue and set notification in the issue details section from global to yes the mail will be sent. so i think the notification is functionally but the Default yes Option is not set. And i dont find it!

But i want to hide the issue details section and set the (global) default notification option to yes

Hope you can help

Best regards from Germany

Chris

10 years 3 months ago #4 by geoffc
Assuming you are using version 1.5. the enclosed image shows the specific option field. For other versions, the option is the same but the images will have less tabs.

If this is not working for you I will need to carry out a few tests to see if I can find a bug. It may be that there is a specific case that I haven't captured correctly.

The 'anonymous' user generally is a 'catch all' and from your description it sounds like the 'issue raiser' details are being stored in the 'progress' field, from where it is getting the users specified settings.

Regards
Geoff
Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #5 by geoffc
Found the problem, which is caused by a logic error.

I have changed the code in the model, but also need to change the code in the helper file to reflect the change I have made. I am currently testing it out and will add it to the 1.5.1 release, which is being prepared for release, probably tomorrow (Wednesday or Thursday).

See Issue Z1AGQIUHJD for details.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries