A few questions regarding Issue Tracker

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #1 by Gaz
Ive installed Issue Tracker and its working fine but I've a few questions I don't seem to be able to work out.

Can I edit issues on the frontend?

Priority colours aren't showing on the front end, are they mean't to?

I'd really like staff members to be able to manage this themselves from the front end rather than the back end, but they don't seem to be able to have the functionality to do so.
They can submit issues but that is all, unless I'm missing something.

Joomla version 2.5.11
Issue Tracker version 1.3.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #2 by geoffc
Thank you for your question.

First I would suggest that you upgrade your version of Joomla to 2.5.14 as that resolves a few serious Joomla bugs.

Regarding Issue Tracker, yes it is possible for staff members (people who are marked as being 'staff' in the IT People table) to edit issues on the front end. They have all the functionality of an Issue Administrator except the ability to 'delete' issues. They also have the ability to reopen 'closed' issues if the appropriate component option is set. Issue Administrators can always reopen closed issues. These were 1.3.3 features. It is not neccessary for them to use the back end. Obviously they need to be able to 'see' the issue on the front end to be able to manage it, so you need to ensure that their views/menu items permit this and ensure the correct ACL permissions are set. Basically if 'staff' can 'see' the issue then they should/can be able to edit it.

We ourselves tend to make use of Menu items with access to specific user group settings to enable a quicker display for staff members. For example we have a 'specific menu item' for staff members to view all open or in progress issues as one list.

Priority colours are not shown on the front end only in the back end. This is something that can easily be implemented if the demand is there as it is mainly CSS settings. The main concern with this is that given the multitude of different templates available what ever default settings we choose they would not be suitable for everyone and there is no 'easy' way to change CSS settings other than specifically editing the file.

We are in the process of updating the documentation for release 1.3.3/1.4.1 which will provide more details of the new features and all being well this should be ready over the weekend.

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries