Hide Issues for non-registered users (public)

10 years 6 months ago #1 by geoffc
This particular 'field' (access) is something I have added into version 1.4 and applies to specific issues and projects but it is not in release 1.3.x.

Not sure yet how much work would be involved in back porting it into the 1.3.x branch at present.

The best I can think of at present is to have the 'private' issues enabled, or to disable the 'issues' search plugin so that they do not appear in search results. Neither is perhaps ideal, but may suffice until I have done some investigation.

Issue raised. Backport for site completed. Search plugins still to modify and test. Documentation updates required as well. Need to explain the complexity of why records are or are not displayed/containing within search results.

Edited by geoffc - 25.08.2013 10:56

Regards
Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #2 by geoffc
Modification back ported and successfully tested. Search plugins ('old' and new 'finder' (smart search)) modified. Zip file placed in dev area for testing.

You should have received an email with details.

Note that a new modified version of the 'latest issues module' will also be required when this goes live. A modified version has been created and tested and will be available when Release 1.3.3 is made announced.

Any problems please let me know.
============
30 Aug 2013: We have now released version 1.3.3 and unless we hear anything more we will assume that the matter is resolved.

============
02 Sep 2013: Version 1.4.1 now released for Joomla 3.1.

Edited by geoffc - 02.09.2013 20:50

Regards
Geoff

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3 by KarelMG
For the development of a website I have installed Issue Tracker to receive comments, suggestions, mistakes from the development team (registered users)

Unfortunately the issues show up when non-registered users are doing a search on the website.

Is there a way to hide the issues to non-registered users?

10 years 6 months ago #4 by geoffc
Let me look into this. There is certainly a setting for each issue which controls 'access' (v 1.4) but I need to see whether it the search is ignoring it or whether it has to be set somehow.

Is this the 'old' Joomla search or the Finder (Smart search) or both?

There is the concept of 'Private' issues (a component option) which would in your case seem possibly suitable, but again I need to check what the 'search' is displaying.

Edited by geoffc - 23.08.2013 14:54

Edited by geoffc - 23.08.2013 15:46

Regards
Geoff

10 years 6 months ago #5 by KarelMG
I'm using the old Joomla search.

I was expecting somewhere that you could set the access as "Registered" like you do in most records of articles, categories, menus, etc.

Preferably this would be a setting in Options.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries