Sorting IssueList doesn't work

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by marugan
I have installed Issue Tracker and found it very usefull. Hovewer, sorting the issue list by clicking on the header of the table doesn't work, neither in Explorer, Firefox or Chrome. There is no error, only ignore the clicking. I have not found in the FAQ, documentation or forums that this can be activated or not, it only says that it works... Is there any place with an option for the activation of the sorting capabilities? If not, do you know what is failing?

thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #2 by geoffc
This is puzzling. There are no options per sec since it is enabled automatically. We ourselves are using the latest release version 1.2.2 on this site and have never noticed a problem or had any reported to us.

So we need some more information. When you click on the column header do you get the icon (stairs) displayed? Clicking again sould sort the list on that columns values. If you do and it still doesn't sort the list, I wonder what else is coming into play.
First I presume that you are referring to the issue list displayable in the front end. If it is the back end then please let us know.

If this is your live site, do you see the same problem on our test site (if you have one)?

Do you have any system caching turned on, and if so what is it set to? If you do, try turning off the cache and test to see if you can sort the list.

I wonder it it might be a template problem? It might be worth trying it with the Beez2 (or Beez5) template to see it works there.

If this is your live site, then you will probably have error reporting turned off, which is the recommended setting. It might when convenient be worth turning on error reporting and performing a quick test to see if there are any error messages generated that might give a clue, although if the list is displayed at all, I suspect there will not be any error messages.

I will have a look at the code to see if I can find any possible reason, but without something to go on, it is, as I am sure you can appreciate, much more difficult to find a random problem.

Any thing you discover will assist in finding the cause of the problem.

Edited by geoffc - 12.11.2012 20:03

Regards
Geoff

11 years 5 months ago #3 by marugan
Thanks for your quick answer.

With the mouse over the headers the color changes (as a link) and a label appear (click to sort by this field), but no icons (stairs) is displayed. When clicking it simply ignore it.

Yes, I'm refering to the issue list in the front end, and this is in the live site (I don't have a test site...).

I'm not really sure what you mean by "system caching turned on". Where can I check it and turn it off to test?

You are rigth, it seems to be related to the template, because I have checked with the Beez2 template and it works perfect!

Concerning the error reporting settings, please let me know what I should activate and check during the test, because I'm not really sure what you means.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

11 years 5 months ago #4 by geoffc
I think you have identified it as a template issue, since it works with the Beez templates.

As such the other suggestions are probably not therefore required.

What template are you using for you site? If I can get a copy of the template than I can test it out on one of my test sites and see if I can come up with a fix.

If it is a commercial template I may not be able to get hold of a copy to test it out. In that situation you might want to talk to the template vendor, since there is nothing unusual in the code for the sorting option since it is using standard Joomla functionality.

Re your specific questions about how to turn on error reporting, and controlling the Joomla cache, rather than answer that here, what I will do is add two items to the 'General Support FAQ on the site' since they are general questions rather than specific to this problem. General Support FAQ

Edited by geoffc - 13.11.2012 11:44

Regards
Geoff

11 years 5 months ago #5 by marugan
Is not a commercial template, so there is no problem in sending you a copy. How should I do it?

11 years 5 months ago #6 by geoffc
Send it (as a zip file) to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will see what I can find.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries