Locations not seen on generated Map.

9 years 10 months ago #7 by kwally
You said, you use it also on your live site. Can you give me a URL? I have so far never seen a full working example.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #8 by geoffc
Just login in to our main support site and you will see a new menu item on the RHS names 'Hackers and Spammers'. Click on the menu item and an article will be shown with four tabs. Each tab is displaying different items from the locations table.

Regards
Geoff

9 years 10 months ago #9 by geoffc
I can see the Visitors module now. You haven't said whether there are entries being placed in the location table?

I notice the map is still blank so possibly not?

Regards
Geoff

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #10 by kwally
I have seen now the map the first time on your site. And I did not see "my" marker, only after I zoomed closer to Germany.
Update: I zoomed on my website to the same zoom factor but the marker did not appear.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #11 by kwally
Ar glorious-food, I entered 3 records. One of my server (Hamburg) and 2 of my local client (Nuremberg).
BTW: Buremberg is 800 Km far away from me, but this is a problem of IPinfoDB.com

In the other domain of westerlinde I did not enter any record.

9 years 10 months ago #12 by geoffc
Following an extensive investigation the problem is the result of a PHP initialisation setting 'allow_url_fopen' being set to OFF. The specific PHP routine used in the interface to the IP location provider requires this tobe set to ON. This can be achieved by setting the variable in the php.ini file.

There is a body of opinion that considers this specific option a potential security risk. For that reason we have also implemented a connection mechanism using CURL instead, which will be used if the 'allow_utl_fopen' setting is OFF. This change will be in the 1.2.3 release of IP Mapping.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries