"Modified on" in Issue Overview of the front end

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by rboe
Another day, next issue...;-)

In the backend i have the column "Modified on" but i cannot find it in the front end.

I need it to sort the issues for it, how can i do this ?

Regards
Rolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #2 by geoffc
It is one of the 'audit_fields'. You need to turn on the menu option 'show_audit_fields' for the menu item.

Should also add that if you opt to show the audit fields that all (4) fields are shown. There has never been a request to only show one on its own, although that is easy to do.

Edited by geoffc - 25.01.2013 20:07

Regards
Geoff

11 years 2 months ago #3 by rboe

...There has never been a request to only show one on its own, although that is easy to do.

Edited by geoffc - 25.01.2013 20:07

Thank you. Will you tell me how to disable the other 3 fields in the frontend of the audit so that only modified is shown ?

regards
Rolf

11 years 2 months ago #4 by geoffc
You need to edit the file components/com_issuetracker/views/itissueslist/tmpl/default.php.

There are two places you need to edit. The first is to stop the headers displaying around lines 153 to 166. If you retain the display option choice remove/comment out the lines 154->159 and lines 163->165.

The second place is to stop the details themselves around lines 262-280.
If you retain the display option, comment out/remove lines 263->268 and 272->274.

----

Have made it a configuration option on the menu for the issue list display in release 1.3.0.

Edited by geoffc - 27.01.2013 15:00

Regards
Geoff

11 years 2 months ago #5 by rboe
Ok, thank you, that's ok...

Backend Settings
Frontend View

... but sorting does not work on this column. As i do not need to do this manually, can i set descending sorting on this column by default so that the most actual issues are always displayed first? It would also be nice if i can set by default that all issues and not the first 20 are displayed.

regards
Rolf

Edited by rboe - 28.01.2013 10:18

Edited by rboe - 28.01.2013 10:18

11 years 2 months ago #6 by geoffc
Hmm.

Sorting on that column should work the same as any other. I will carry out a few test at this end.

Yes it is possible to change the default ordering column (currently 'ordering') but I will carry out some tests first. [Probably will be late today/early tomorrow.]

I have fired up my test instance {UAT] and carried out my tests which is using the base release of 1.2.2.

Clicking on the displayed audit fields does indeed seem to sort the issues as expected. At the minute I cannot think of any reason why they do not sort on your site. [Note this was done with only using the audit display fields toggle.]

I have also tested out using a different sort column which also works. In the file site/components/com_issuetracker/models/itissueslist.php change line 147 so that it reads as follows:
$default_order_field = 'modified_on';

[Assuming that is the column you want as default. Current default is 'ordering']

The order will be 'decreasing' and is set in line 157 of the same file.

I always intended to enable a site to define its own default sort order and this has prompted me to put it in for release 1.3.0. Coding already done and testing of the feature to begin shortly.

Edited by geoffc - 28.01.2013 16:43

One thing to be aware of is that if an issue is opened and then closed in one step, so there is no intermediate step, the modified_by and modified_on fields are never populated. This makes sense from an 'audit' perspective, but the result of sorting on the modified_on field is that the 'blank' entries will occur first (or last depending on the sort order).

Edited by geoffc - 28.01.2013 21:26

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries