search error when upgrading rialto

7 years 9 months ago #13 by chrisc
I knew if I kept trying I would find the proper page.

Anyway found the Rialto entry and sent a message (three actually). The last was a small change to the sender contact name which now picks it up from the supplied information.

BUT and here is the crux of the problem, the messages look in every case as if they have been sent. Look in the Rilato 'display log' and you will see that as far as the component is concerned the email messages have been sent. The message sending is using the configured Joomla settings and Railto has checked for an exception from the standard Joomla JMail and is not seeing one, so as far as it is aware everything is fine.

IF you did not get the three email messages sent from Rialto (which I assume are to a real address but fictitious person, then that would tend to indicate that there might be something wrong with the Joomla email setup. This would be puzzling since I would have assumed that the site was using the Joomla mail routines in other components, and you also said it worked with an earlier Rialto version (1.2.2). The changes in 1.3.0 for the email fix were trivial and only involved changing the recipients call. Nothing else would have been changed code wise.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #14 by brazilback
Hello chrisc sincerely do not understand you very well

my website is in Spanish, and I don't understand what problem you have at the time of accessing the website

the page where he works rialto is the same as you shipping

homeservice.sanchezinmobiliarios.com/ind...mandas-inmobiliarias

If it is true that the website has a redirect and we are going to change accommodation addressed to that domain only

But having saved the entry you should not have any problems to re-enter

If you need more information I am at your disposal: my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you need more internal data

7 years 9 months ago #15 by brazilback
in the frontend with the username and password you have

logged in, access the rialto system to send mail and make

also I send to my email your email will I put email as yours on the user that you've opened to the test you need

7 years 9 months ago #16 by brazilback
chrisc your text message has arrived great !

7 years 9 months ago #17 by chrisc
Right now for the post mortem!

It appears that the Joomla mailer is partially to blame, and also it is related to your mail server.

First the Joomla mailer problem. Seems that Joomla 3.5.1 changed the 'names' for getting the configuration of the 'PHP mail' from the system so instead of using $config.get('config.mailfrom') it now uses $config->get('mailfrom'). Similarly for the 'config.fromname'. Don't you just love these undocumented changes!

The second is about your Mail server. It seems that the mail server does not like the 'from name' in the email being anything other than that specified in the Joomla mail configuration. Not seen this before and certainly on my system(s) if accepts what I give it. So I have modified the code on your system to fetch the values from the Joomla mail config which is when I found problem one above.

A third problem is also Joomla JMail related in that when your mail server detected the 'unacceptable' from address it silently accepted it. NO errors or exception were being raised. Not sure exactly where the objection was detected but as far as the component was concerned it was fine. I cannot fix this since its outside of the component code, but provided we have the correct configuration it will probably be safe to assume it is not a problem..

What I will do is add some additional checks into the next release 1.3.1 to have a configuration option to modify the settings as defined.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #18 by brazilback
already be receiving those emails

Although your tests become properly configured

Contact Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Rialto Title: (EJEMPLO DE ANUNCIO DE BUSQUEDA PARA ARRENDAMIENTO RESIDENCIAL ) SE BUSCA PISO DE 3 HABITACIONES EN LA ZONA CENTRO DE MALAGA
Contact Message:
I think that is a working mailer now.
GRACIAS !! HOME SERVICE

the tests that I do I I arrive in the broken code html

Contact email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. < br / > title of Rialto: (example of advertisement search for lease residential) is looking for floor of 3 rooms in the area centre of MALAGA < br / > sender's phone: 123123123 < br / > contact message: email sending test
of
Thank you!! HOME SERVICE

but at least now works However would have any way to fix it?

If not is asking much?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries