Subscribe to Categories

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #7 by chrisc
Replied by chrisc on topic Subscribe to Categories
Just tried it as a test and I do not see any error, and I have full reporting set on.

I can understand that categories is not a updating the users table, but can't see where it might be coming from.

Could you turn on Joomla reporting (Maximum?) to give me some more information please?

PS I think I have removed the WAF IP block, but I had to guess at the IP address.

Update: I have performed a full source search and cannot find any link between an UPDATE on the users table and a categories column. I wasn't expecting any to be honest and I know that the 'profile' change did not involve any 'update' statements, as they were all restricted to the table class. I am thus at a bit of a loss with out some more information about the error.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #8 by Captainmoomoo
Here is the error I'm getting with Maximum reporting: pastebin.com/dyFZJCkc

I have to use pastebin, because pasting my error is telling me that my post is malicious. Also, my IP is still blocked. Currently using my phone's internet connection. My IP range starts with 199.187 if that helps narrow things down.

Sent from my mobile device.

7 years 10 months ago #9 by chrisc
I have looked in the IP logs and have found an IP address that was blocked for SQL injection. I guess that it thought you were trying to run some SQL code, which makes sense given the reason. I think I have removing the block.

Still cannot find the offending code. Logically it should be in the save routine in the site model/profile.php file. but there is no 'category' being set that I can see. In fact categories isn't even in the file. I certainly have no problem using the profile save. Might be worth looking at the model file to see if you can find categories referenced anywhere. The update statement doesn't mention it. Remind me of what Joomla version and PHP version this is? I am guessing at the moment.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #10 by Captainmoomoo
IP is no longer blocked, thank you!

PHP 5.6.18, Joomla version 3.4.8.
Here is the error I was getting yesterday that has a lot more info. I've changed my website url and my own name for privacy. pastebin.com/xWpqhwuk

Edit: Forgot to mention the error shows up as a 1054.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #11 by chrisc
That may help. I am running j3.5.1 so perhaps something has changed since J3.4.8. I will try against that version and see if I can match it.

That statement seems to indicate that it may be coming from an 'old' - pre-form profile call. Not sure how that may be happening yet, since that changed in 1.3.0. Its a guess so not 100% sure yet. If I can replicate it we can fix it.

What is in the model file profile.php around lines 156? If there is a 'categories' line there it shoudn't be, since its not in the 1.3.0 code base!

Regards

7 years 10 months ago #12 by Captainmoomoo
"website" is around 156; I've grabbed a few lines above and below 156 and labeled it for you here: pastebin.com/5sYi2VJt (label on the right side)

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries