Moderator Reviewing Entries

7 years 10 months ago #1 by Captainmoomoo
Hello, I have a question about moderator permissions.

Say a user posts an entry in Rialto, and I want it to be set as 'pending' until a moderator is able to review it and either allow the entry to post, or deny it. Is this a feature that is built into the plugin, or being worked on?

Thank you for any information you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #2 by geoffc
Replied by geoffc on topic Moderator Reviewing Entries
There are two parts to this. The first is that we want to set the published state on the 'new' user entry to unpublished, and we also need to ensure that the user is not presented with the ability to set the published state.

The second will be a component option is the next release 1.2.2. Until that time one can modify the code (in two placed) since it is currently hard coded. The second is dependent upon the ACL setting given to the Registered user.

If you are interested I can provide you with the location of the two places where the setting needs to be changed to acheive what you are asking about.?

Regards
Geoff

7 years 10 months ago #3 by Captainmoomoo
Excellent! Yes I would like to know where and what I need to edit in the meantime. Thank you geoffc!

7 years 10 months ago #4 by geoffc
In the file site/components/com_rialto/models/entry.php change line 520
from
$state = 1;
to
$state = 0;

This changes the default to unpublished when the 'old' edit method is used.

The 'new' form based edit will set the published state based upon whether the field exists in the input. If the published field is not displayed, which will be true if the ACL 'edit.state' is set to 'disabled' in the permissions then the default would be unpublished.

I have still to code the changes I want for the 'real' solution and have still to test the above but it should work OK I think.

Regards
Geoff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captainmoomoo

7 years 10 months ago #5 by geoffc
I have sent you a modified version of 1.2.1 (1.2.2) which has the change incorporated.

Let me know if it works for you.

Bear in mind that there are likely to be more changes in the release version of 1.2.2 but (at this moment in time) it should upgrade without any problems..

Regards
Geoff

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6 by Captainmoomoo
Awesome, thank you very much geoffc! I think this is one of the first Joomla plugins I have found that has great support and works exactly as I want it to. Keep up the good work. :)

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries