Rialto - Component is not in Menu

8 years 10 months ago #1 by willyneuhaus
Hi there

i just installed Rialto on my testsite, no errors during the install. However, the component does not shows up in the menu.

Do I miss something?

Willy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2 by chrisc
Very strange, we didn't see this in any of our testing. Tell me something about your test system? i.e Joomla version, PHP version, MYSQL version etc.

Does a reinstall change anything?

It sounds very much like the install didn't complete somehow, because it should certainly appear in the component drop down list.

Regards

If you are using our extensions please leave a review at the JED: IP Mapping | Issue Tracker | JAudit | Password Control

8 years 10 months ago #3 by willyneuhaus
Very strange indeed! I am running PHP 5.4.36, Joomla 3.4.1, MySQL 5.4.36

I did a reinstall without any luck.

Willy

8 years 10 months ago #4 by willyneuhaus
I did another deinstall and install and now it works. I downloaded the installer again. Maybe the first download was corrupted?

Habe a nice weekend

Willy
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffc

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #5 by geoffc
Thank you for keeping us informed.
I am very puzzled, since the various versions (PHP, Jooma etc) are all perfectly valid., and the download file hasn't changed since the day we put it up. Usually if an install fails one sees some form of error message, to give an indication that something is amiss, which you obviously didn't get. The fact that downloading and installing again worked, seems to indicate the download was somehow corrupted, but in such a way that if 'apparently' installed successfully. Have heard of similar things before but not had it reported on our components before.

I guess we will never know what was the cause, so will watch out and see if any further reports allow a pattern to be determined. Enjoy using the component.

PS. For anyone else experiencing the same problem reading this, it might be worth looking at the database menus table to see if the installer has created the entries but not enabled them, IF it is every seen again. Not sure whether this is an 'installer' problem, either with our component or with Joomla itself, and this might give some sort of clue as to what might possibly be going on.

Regards
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Go To Top

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries